Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

About Elysium...

The person who owned the plot didn’t officially own the roleplay before she cleared it.
the roleplay was removed due to a dramatic fall in popularity and the new owner welcomed back a person who had a bad, toxic record in the community. This caused many regulars and staff to leave the roleplay because of this new person.

What they have done is impressive, being the dominant fantasy rp from December until late May/early June.

The founder of the rolplay even expressed her dislike of the roleplay because of all the stress that came with managing it, after she cleared the plot.

I believe Elysium had so much potential but their stubbornness when it came in regards of the tavern and it’s controversial reputation ruined their chances.
Along with the constant hosting and autostart, which really put a lot of people off.
they could’ve utilised the map a lot more and encouraged adventure and discouraged tavern roleplay.
I always had a personal issue with some of the staff members due to how some of them treated me. (Apart from the founder Sarah and others)
anyways this is the end of an era in CF history , and I think we should all learn and reflect upon what happened to Elysium.
Stop pretending like you know what fully happened.

Edit: Also the reason we all hated you is because you're genuinely a terrible person.

Last edited:

Jacob

I've heard many things here, including how Elysium was a so called 'Tavern Role play' and how it hosted all day every day.
I wouldn't call Elysium a tavern role play, and forcing role players to go outside of the tavern is a stupid idea. Its the role player's choice where they want to role play, I see nothing wrong with role playing in the tavern as it isn't hurting anyone. They have made precautions for these concerns, like closing the tavern during the morning, day and noon, but it seems that everyone just wanted the tavern to be gone. I think it was ok that they chose to role play at the tavern as it was what made them happy

I believe Elysium had so much potential but their stubbornness when it came in regards of the tavern and it’s controversial reputation ruined their chances.
Elysium didn't die because of that, it died because of lack of good ownership. The problem is the end was that no one besides the staff cared about the role play, and when a certain someone joined, all of the staff left, leaving no one to care about it. The tavern role play aspect of it, i explained above.
the roleplay was removed due to a dramatic fall in popularity
That also wasn't the reason at all, the role play died, because of what i mentioned before. The lack of love a certain person had towards Elysium when they became owner was what killed it. The drop in popularity was almost non existent honestly, since it was hosted earlier before everyone came online; that was why they got less players. But still 20 players a host is still a lot, they start at 15 players and autostart and get around 25 players. I do agree maybe the autostart constantly was a bit much, but also said by others, it allows for people in all time zones to roleplay at Elysium with others.

This may sound like i'm singing its praises, but it did have some big problems, which I don't think i'm able to discuss due to my lack of understanding.

Jacob

I always had a personal issue with some of the staff members due to how some of them treated me.
Also only one or two people had a personal problem with you and that's because you made fun of them behind their back and talked about them without their knowledge so.

HolyKathy

Stop pretending like you know what fully happened.

Edit: Also the reason we all hated you is because you're genuinely a terrible person.
Excuse me? I was explaining it from what I have gathered regarding the situation, no need for the hate.
(I edited that into my original message)

Last edited:
Excuse me? I was explaining it from what I have gathered regarding the situation, no need for the hate.
(I edited that into my original message)
All the need for the hate. This entire thread is a cesspool of disrespect and saltiness. You all put on your masks and pretend you're sad that Elysium is gone, but we all know that you're secretly rejoicing so that your crappy roleplay get an ounce of attention. You and Bobble, the Elysium haters flooding this thread, you all need to shut your damn mouths and stop acting like there's some sort of 'lesson' to be learned from this because there isn't. This was a simple mistake on the owner's part. This wasn't a slow decline, this wasn't the entire staff being toxic. Yes, the staff had their disagreements, but all friend groups do. So you can take all your fake sympathy and shove it. You and everyone else in this thread spewing all your bullcrap about Elysium being on the decline for a while can shove it.

Edit: These are my own personal thoughts, not the thoughts of the ex-staff at Elysium. So don't go after them, go after me.

Last edited:

angelrus

I just want to start this message off with this sentence..

If your gonna argue, please take it to dms. I'm pretty sure no one wants to see you fight over a roleplay blockgame.Yes, it may be very important to you but It's just plain annoying and unnecessary.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Now, let's continue. Though I'm inactive as of present day, I have add my fair share of experience with elyisum and the community regarding with it. I as a person, only really disliked elyisum for one reason. It was because it felt like it was way to active, hosting basically everyday, giving other roleplays unable to host. Besides that, I feel like the roleplay is extremely well done. I feel like the staff is very friendly and the roleplay is just really well built. I never really got to know the roleplay or the staff of it, but it seemed very welcoming, and I feel like it deserved the fame. What I really don't get is the people complaining that it is only a "tavernrp." Cause it's not. The staff let you explore the map and roleplay else where, but the roleplayers just don't want to. It's not like the staff is trapping you into the tavern and forcing you to roleplay there. People just go to the tavern cause it has the highest rate of finding someone to roleplay with. This also ties to the so called "haters" of this community. Though you could say I am one, since I dislike it a bit, I don't get it why you guys have to be so toxic and salty about it. Like, if your gonna comment about the roleplay, maybe you could be decent human beings and be respectful to the staff team since they are human too. This is literally a minecraft blockgame roleplay, there's no need to plan a full out war to crash it down.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[P.S This is not to spread hate but to share my side of the discussion, and I feel like it would be nice if we can just be all a tad bit more respectful, and this is towards both side of the party.]

HolyKathy

All the need for the hate. This entire thread is a cesspool of disrespect and saltiness. You all put on your masks and pretend you're sad that Elysium is gone, but we all know that you're secretly rejoicing so that your crappy roleplay get an ounce of attention. You and Bobble, the Elysium haters flooding this thread, you all need to shut your damn mouths and stop acting like there's some sort of 'lesson' to be learned from this because there isn't. This was a simple mistake on the owner's part. This wasn't a slow decline, this wasn't the entire staff being toxic. Yes, the staff had their disagreements, but all friend groups do. So you can take all your fake sympathy and shove it. You and everyone else in this thread spewing all your bullcrap about Elysium being on the decline for a while can shove it.

Edit: These are my own personal thoughts, not the thoughts of the ex-staff at Elysium. So don't go after them, go after me.
Personally I think we should probably drop that conversation so this thread doesn’t escalate into a forum argument, I’m sorry if I offended you with my opinion regarding Elysium.

FrodoFTW

Personally I think we should probably drop that conversation so this thread doesn’t escalate into a forum argument, I’m sorry if I offended you with my opinion regarding Elysium.
I don't have a side in the argument itself anymore, but you fueled the fire of the argument in the first place, and now you're saying not to. That, my friend, is being a hypocrite.

(sorry if this came off as rude)

brighhton

Admin
Website Mod
I don't have a side in the argument itself anymore, but you fueled the fire of the argument in the first place, and now you're saying not to. That, my friend, is being a hypocrite.

Bobble has stated multiple times in this thread that he doesn't hate Elysium.
Please refrain from double posting, you can include more than one quote in a post.

Please be respectful. It’s okay to have your criticisms but remember to say it in a tactful manner.

lilbibble

Honestly, have to agree with Reeses on this matter,

Elysium was popular because they had amazing builds, multiple different exploration points such as hell, virtue tower, docks, castles, fairy gardens and more. They were also popular because they were the first to introduce the sins vs virtures war which has been picked up by most current fantasy roleplays due to its popularity, and the conflict it invites, which as all roleplayers should know, is vital to any storyline.
People also criticise Elysium for not having a storyline, but that freedom alone is enough to draw crowds of Roleplayers who want to enact their own storylines within their groups. The same freedom tactic has been reflected in Legendary's fantasy Rp, yet i don't see people throwing hate there?

So to everyone blaming Elysium for their own roleplays not getting enough attention, please think about why it's actually popular.
Criticising a Minecraft Roleplay for its popularity is simply just foolish and naive.

ForeverFool

I can’t give my opinion on the ‘internal politics’ of what went down, but I am sad to see it go.
I have many fond memories of Elysium (even the tavern), and its a place where I learned to be a better roleplayer.

Unfortunate that so many people were toxic simply because another roleplay outshined theirs. People on this server can choose where they want to rp. If they choose Elysium, suck it up.

I remember all the hate it got during its time. All roleplays have flaws, don’t nitpick the popular one just because you’re spiteful. Jealousy will get you nowhere. Use ambition to fuel your own creativity. Remember this, and maybe you can create the ‘next Elysium’.

Bobble68

I wish I hadn't started this thread now. All I wanted was to get my thoughts out about it, and to start a respectful thread about Elysium before a toxic one was started, and to warn people not to go down the same route.

All the people who've been hurt by this, I'm sorry. If you want to continue you discussions, try to be respectful, and remember you are talking to real people. I will be requesting the thread to be locked if the toxicity continues.

(All you people who have been respectful, thank you for being so)

HolyKathy

No worries! No offence taken, I did my response post at like like 12am my time so I was kinda tired. I think we should all try and keep this thread nice and friendly!

.... Didn't you say like the day before that you were going to refrain from speaking on the manner? You really went back on your word quickly there.
Also, ironically, you're sort of acting toxic, salty and disrespectful. A lot of people might be acting sincere, but you seem to have dismissed that belief completely. There are kind of lessons to learn from this as well for other role-players. About Auto-start, how often you host and how to deal with haters. I respect you as a person, and you're a funny guy, but just please be more respectful of others. Then again, I'm not that attached to the situation, so I may be wrong. In that case, you can absolutely reply and call me out for it, I don't mind. :) Oh also I feel like this thread should like totally be locked soon.