Contest April Writing Contest

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
April Writing Contest
----------------------------------------------------

Hello! Because more people voted for writing than art, I am hosting another writing contest. :)
Anyone is welcome to join the contest. If you can, spread the word so we can get more people to enter!

Prompt
Your entry must be a short story, but it can be about anything you want.

Rules
- Don't copy or steal a story that belongs to someone else.
- Your entry must be longer than 200 words. You can make it as long as you want, but keep in mind that this is a short story writing contest.
- The contest will close on April 18th, two weeks from now. (If you need more time to finish your entry, let me know)
- Whether there will be 3rd and 2nd place prizes depends on how many people enter the contest, but the first place prizes will always stay the same.

Prizes
Note: If you don't want the art request prize, just the CF coins, let me know. If you do, the sketch/art is of any character. You can see what my art looks like here: https://alydabookworm.deviantart.com/

3rd Place - 28 CF coins (2 votes a day for a week)
2nd Place - 56 CF coins (4 votes a day for a week) and a digital sketch
1st Place - 112 CF coins (8 votes a day for a week) and a detailed digital artwork

Good luck writing!

gottasellmysoul

Jul 28, 2016
its a long story..
April Writing Contest
----------------------------------------------------

Hello! Because more people voted for writing than art, I am hosting another writing contest. :)
Anyone is welcome to join the contest. If you can, spread the word so we can get more people to enter!

Prompt
Your entry must be a short story, but it can be about anything you want.

Rules
- Don't copy or steal a story that belongs to someone else.
- Your entry must be longer than 200 words. You can make it as long as you want, but keep in mind that this is a short story writing contest.
- The contest will close on April 18th, two weeks from now. (If you need more time to finish your entry, let me know)
- Whether there will be 3rd and 2nd place prizes depends on how many people enter the contest, but the first place prizes will always stay the same.
Could I send my entry to you in a conversation when it's done?
Prizes
Note: If you don't want the art request prize, just the CF coins, let me know. If you do, the sketch/art is of any character. You can see what my art looks like here: https://alydabookworm.deviantart.com/

3rd Place - 28 CF coins (2 votes a day for a week)
2nd Place - 56 CF coins (4 votes a day for a week) and a digital sketch
1st Place - 112 CF coins (8 votes a day for a week) and a detailed digital artwork

Good luck writing!

May I send my entry via a forums conversation when it's done

okskies

Nov 27, 2016
THE RIVER OF OZ.

You've heard about the wizard, but have you heard about the river? The river was clear and blue and you could hear the waves splash from far away, the birds chirping above the river and the family's running about. Yet, no one believed the myth that there was true magic there, because come on, who'd believe that anyways? But, this was until one boy changed history.

It all started with a boy named Zac. Him and his family always went down there to picnic beside the what seemed majestic water, he had just always had this feel of light and love in that river - but he was no genie, so he barely believed in this magic myth. He decided to record himself jumping in, but before he could jump in (the camera was on), the cherry blossom trees swayed, the river water became so clear you could see the golden sand beneath.

Then and there, a tail came flying past. As quick as lighting. But Zac, Zac got it all on camera. He knew it was something different - for the trees stopped swaying after and now you could not see the sand. He slowed the video he had so much that he could see how the creature flipped, and it's...face (which could be somewhat creepy). The creature had a green, blue tail that sparkled in the light of the flashing camera. The tail flipped as it dashed past, but so gently and beautifully that you could see how happy the creature was inside. The face was human, with blonde hair and loving blue eyes, looking up at the human recording - may not even knowing.

Now, everything has changed. Scientist found the clip to be real, theres been sightings of the same thing, but it was never named. Today, it's a mermaid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much for reading (it's not so creative but). I wish good luck to everyone else entering. :)

blcssom

Dec 17, 2016
Dartford, England
Oh, here it happens again. I never knew, or will know if this was a dream, I mean, I'm stuck on a treasure island, how hard would it be to actually survive, I won't dehydrate, I've got murky water all around me, although it's murky, that's what i'm going to have to drink. Coconuts are blooming on the palm trees, this would be the perfect scene to take a photograph - but I can't - Ah, no camera OR phone. I mean, I'm not that addicted to taking photographs, mainly selfies - she giggled. I've been deserted on here before, I remember last time there was a draught, that was terrible. It's boiling out here - but I have no shelter to sleep in. I really hope this is a dream, she then pinched and screwed up her eyelids saying to herself "This must be a dream". I know, this has happened before to me -- but, she sighed, I don't really know. She shifted her leather-surfaced shoes through the golden sand, she started to untangle herself out of the camo-coloured sea weed. She gazed up at the slight drizzle and started to make out a rainbow -- although she's seen this island before, she realised she wrote a book about it -- she's only imagined it in her head. "Maybe my book for real came alive". Her name was Maya, people called her May, she always loved making up stories and telling them to her parents, she always used to believe in magic, and now she was reassured that magic was real, there was no doubt to her that it wasn't real. She hated everyone who didn't believe in it. Apart from that - she was a delight to parent, she was a very well behaved and creative girl.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st part.

LaysPotatoChips_

Apr 5, 2018
May I use an excerpt from my book "Loud Whispers" on Wattpad?

I worked hard on it, and would like to showcase it.

gottasellmysoul

Jul 28, 2016
its a long story..
“Woohoo!!” she yelled, riding through the forest on her horse, Bucky. She could feel the soft green leaves as they brushed against her leg, the wind through her hair. The forest had always been a magical place for her. Ever since she was little, she told everyone that there was something magical about it and one day, she’d find out what it was. She had no fears, not of animals, insects, spiders even! She just loved being in the forest, in touch with nature and whatever it brings.

Buck’s hooves crashed along the stone-covered path, his mane and tail thrashing in the cool breeze. He was a skewbald Lipizzaner breed, about 3 years old. Although Alice was only 16, she had taken a liking to horses ever since she was 8 years old. For her 13th birthday, her parents got her a gift. A foal, who was about 5 months old at the time. She had named him Buck and taken full responsibility for him ever since.

As the sun was setting, the blue sky faded into a purple and then to a red upon the horizon. This was Alice’s favourite time to go riding. This and the sunrise. She found it calming and so at peace, like the rise and fall of the world.

“Come on Buck, you can do it!” Alice laughed, her Irish accent shining through. He sped up, riding out of the woods and onto the sandy shore as the slow waves rippled across the ocean blue sea. As the sand seemed to merge into lush green grass, the castle came into view. It was large, stone lined every edge and corner. Leading up to the castle door was a beautiful case of stone and quartz stairs, the railings intertwined by roses and other flowers.

Alice climbed off Buck, feeding him carrots and apples as they headed into the large wooden stable. She opened the gate, leading him into a stable room, the floor lined with fresh hay and a bucket of water neatly matched the corners of the wall to the door. “Goodnight boy” she whispered, stroking his face gently. She climbed up the stone and quartz stairs, her hands latching onto the railings. Just before she headed inside, she turned to face the forest. A small spark of gold sparkly dust whizzed around the forest. She watched, trying to find out what it was doing. As it completed its course around the forest border, it shot up into the sky, past the stars and disappearing in a flash. As she looked up at the bright shining moon, she realised why she always thought it was so magical. Her eyes wandering into the forest, she noticed something that she never had before. The trees were homes to creatures she had never thought of; pixies.

Approx word count: 469 words.

Last edited:

LaysPotatoChips_

Apr 5, 2018
It had been a week since I came here, and I finally got settled in. I got my first period class was changed to drawling, which was a good break from my stressful surroundings. Molly has just been around me all the time, it's nice, to have a "friend", but dang this girl can get on your nerves. She even switched her lunch period to be with me... damn.

I see Damien in the hallways, but in the past four days, he has showed up with a different girl every day. He'd walk past me every morning, not even acknowledging my existence. I didn't mind at all actually, even though this meant he was bored with me, it would be one less person to worry about.

Okay... maybe that's a lie. I don't mind seeing his gorgeous face, his silky brown hair, bouncing as he walked, or his ripped abs that tore through his shirt. At all. I just don't want to get attached, I cannot have my old life come back. It was dark, and needed to stay in the shade.

"I swear girl. Everyone is going to think you are some weirdo if you don't get out more." She blatantly said.

Even though I knew it was true, those words stung a bit. "I'm okay with being a weirdo, I stopped caring about what others thought of me a while ago."

Molly sighed, "Ugh. No fun." as she slouched back into her chair and started scrolling through her phone.

I sat in silence, slowly eating my chicken nuggets off my plate. I felt bad for saying no, she seemed really excited about it, but I have to think about myself. Doing that was exactly what got me into the mess I am in.

"Damn girl... ..." A random football player called to me as he walked behind me.

He then, half way down the isle, almost dropped his tray from all the high fives he was getting from his friends. Molly looked up, confused.

"Just some jock trying to score." I brushed off and continued eating.

As lunch was coming to an end, I was finished with the food, and my eyes roamed the cafeteria. Just like my old school. The lunch room was filled with cliques and groups. Cool kids sat near the large windows, in the back of the room, and the unpopular by the door and trash cans. My eye sight reached all the way to the end of the room, where the popular kids, well, populated. My eyes stopped dead in their tracks at Damien, who was staring right back at me. Our eyes locked for a second before I looked away. I could feel his eyes still burning at me though, it gave me chills. Don't even think about it. I told myself.

(I am so sorry for the language, but that's how I portray the event)

Word Count: 470

Edited by staff: Please don't swear.

Last edited by a moderator:

geckoguymax

Dec 28, 2017
macdnondalds
Ok so there's a part where someone's neck snaps so just a warning and also this is my first attempt at writing something like this so- anyways
I wake up to my phone buzzing. It's 3 am? My phone is screaming now. There's an official government alert. "Do not look at the moon." It reads. I scan it over again. Don't look at the moon? Why no- My phone starts going off. My God. Hundreds of notifications. Hundreds of messages. Hundreds of phone numbers I don't recognize. I stare at my phone in confusion. They're all saying the same thing. The same terrifying thing. "It's a beautiful night, tonight. Look outside." My phone is still ringing. I plug my ears. I'm compelled to open my curtain. I shouldn't. I can't. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't- I walk slowly to my window. Why am I doing this? Pure defiance? Curiosity? It doesn't matter anymore, I need to see what's out there. My phone is still ringing. It doesn't matter. My cat is hiding under my bed, hissing. It doesn't matter. I pull back the curtain, and stare. I gaze up at the moon. All the notifications on my phone have stopped abruptly. I… I don't know what's happening. It's… strange. I pull back from my windowsill and slump to the ground. I-I'm still standing at my window, but… I'm right here, too. I stand back up and walk over to "myself". I try and tap "my" shoulder. CRACK "My" neck snaps to look at me, "my" body still facing the windowsill. "Thank you." it says. It's voice is distorted. Like it's coming from far away. It rushes towards me and-
Approx. Word Count: 253

Gamingwithjjyt

Apr 11, 2016
The world of dbz
Ok so there's a part where someone's neck snaps so just a warning and also this is my first attempt at writing something like this so- anyways
I wake up to my phone buzzing. It's 3 am? My phone is screaming now. There's an official government alert. "Do not look at the moon." It reads. I scan it over again. Don't look at the moon? Why no- My phone starts going off. My God. Hundreds of notifications. Hundreds of messages. Hundreds of phone numbers I don't recognize. I stare at my phone in confusion. They're all saying the same thing. The same terrifying thing. "It's a beautiful night, tonight. Look outside." My phone is still ringing. I plug my ears. I'm compelled to open my curtain. I shouldn't. I can't. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't- I walk slowly to my window. Why am I doing this? Pure defiance? Curiosity? It doesn't matter anymore, I need to see what's out there. My phone is still ringing. It doesn't matter. My cat is hiding under my bed, hissing. It doesn't matter. I pull back the curtain, and stare. I gaze up at the moon. All the notifications on my phone have stopped abruptly. I… I don't know what's happening. It's… strange. I pull back from my windowsill and slump to the ground. I-I'm still standing at my window, but… I'm right here, too. I stand back up and walk over to "myself". I try and tap "my" shoulder. CRACK "My" neck snaps to look at me, "my" body still facing the windowsill. "Thank you." it says. It's voice is distorted. Like it's coming from far away. It rushes towards me and-
Approx. Word Count: 253
thats really good!

I'm going to take a shot at this, Even though I don't consider myself the most creative writer. :3
(I failed at editing this because I had posted too early on accident so that's why there's edits :p)
---------------------------------------------------------
I shot up, surveying my surroundings, which appeared to have changed over the night. As I take in the scent of this giant forest, my mind drifts back to the events of the previous night. I was encased in blankets, and as I reluctantly stood up they clung to me, wanting me to stay forever. I trudged down the stairs, and popped a bagel into the toaster. "What are you doing up so early?" I asked my sister, who had plopped down onto the couch as I was getting my breakfast. "Well who doesn't wake up early?" She replied sarcastically. "I need to practice my... uh.... algebra! That's right, I need to practice for my algebra quiz tomorrow." She seemed to be very hot, or was sweating enough to suggest we were in a desert. That night when I was laying down, I had heard a strange humming coming from her room. I didn't think too much of it, suspecting that she was up late on her computer again. I was wrong not to check.
My arms ached, and I could barely sit up to look around. I felt encased by the surrounding conifers, and the oak tree in the center loomed above me, casting a shadow around the clearing. I saw a small figure dart across the clearing, and shot into the tree. "Samantha?! Is that you?!" I screamed, hoping it was really my sister. No response came, at least none that I could understand. A scuffed silver heart locket fell from the tree, along with an assortment of pine needles and oak leaves. I pried open the stubborn locket, and saw two photos. One of Samantha, but was scratched so much it was barely recognizable. The other was of me, untouched and fresh. I collapsed back down and weeped with remorse, wondering where I was and who would reunite me with my sister and family.
------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like me to make a second part, just tell me :3
I hope this is good enough xD

Last edited:

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
Can we have more than one entry?
Since there are only five days left and I hadn't mentioned it before, I'm going to say no. Sorry!
You can edit or change your first entry to another story you like more, however.

To anyone else still interested in entering:
Six entries and five days left until the contest is closed!