Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

ask me questions relating to australia

_Savage_MEMEZZZ_

yeah ask me questions about the land down under, ill try and answer as best as i can and some of my fellow Australians can try and answer for you if they want to do so.
try to stay away from asking about politics or asking potentially controversial questions, I’m a clueless 13 year old, what do i know about that stuff, also try not to repeat a question that’s already been asked haha, ill gladly answer it, but be sure to not repeat the same thing over and over again.

QUESTIONS ALREADY ASKED:
what’s it like being upside down?
do you see many snakes / spiders?
am i a kangaroo?
what do i think of the ‘australia is upside down’ jokes?
how do I avoid crocodiles in Queensland?

Last edited:

_Savage_MEMEZZZ_

Do you see a lot of spiders and/or snakes?
The most common spiders I see are cellar spiders which are commonly known as daddy long legs because of their inability to harm others and their long legs, some people theorise that they have extremely harmful venom but they can’t actually bite into humans. You find them pretty much in any area that hasn’t been touched in a long while. You do get your usual huntsmen and leaf curling spiders but they’re pretty harmless as long as you don’t provoke them in any way or destroy the leaf curl that the leaf curling spider lives in. If you see a white tail spider, kill it immediately, a white tail spider can be identified by a small bit of white on its abdomen, hence why it’s called a white tail spider. It’s venom isn’t deadly to humans, though it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Weirdly enough i don’t see many snakes, i live in places near the city so i tend to not see as many wild snakes compared to those who do live in the more country / bushy areas of australia, though i did see a red belly black snake when i went to a park, but other than that that’s the only time i’ve seen a wild snake like that. I actually own a snake of my own, his name is Smurfy and i forgot what type of snake he is haha, he’s harmless though so yeah.

We’re known for our dangerous animals when sometimes they aren’t as dangerous as some people make them out to be.

Last edited:

StaffVsPlayers

Chat Moderator
Thats cool. I actually lived in Australia for a while and didn't see any spiders or snakes so I was curious if that was just the area I was in, or just a common misconception.

brighhton

Server Moderator
Just a few experiences I've had with Australian wildlife:

Snakes
  • In my primary school I've stumbled past a couple snakes. There was a time I was walking from the oval after lunch, and the kid in front of me actually almost stepped on a snake because it came onto the pathway from the grass.
  • Another time when I was walking along this really thin pathway (in between a garden bed and an auditorium), I walked right past another snake which was in the very corner. I had only noticed when I was right next to it, but luckily didn't panic and sort of just kept walking as if nothing happened.
  • Other snake encounters are mostly just ones at my grandmas house which were chilling, and my friend tells me about this snake that she can hear hissing at night.

Spiders
  • Like _Savage_MEMEZZZ_ said, there are a lot of daddy long legs. They're harmless though, and actually get rid of smaller insects like ants or flies.
  • With huntsman spiders, there have been a few small ones around my house before (by small, still quite big by other countries' standards). Though when I was at my grandmas house there was the biggest huntsman I had ever seen. I kid you not, it was probably about 20cm by 20cm.

Cuter animals
  • I've seen a lot of kangaroos when I went out to the blue mountains, but just driving along (not up close).
  • I had close encounters with wallabies in the blue mountains, but also where my grandma lives.
  • At my grandmas house I used to feed the kookaburras every afternoon.
  • Once a whole deer family ran past my when I was on the top paddock, again, at my grandmothers house.
  • At the park next to my own house, my mum and I saw a koala run up a tree so we went to take photos. Unfortunately it was spring time and I was attacked by birds afterwards.

_Savage_MEMEZZZ_

a lot of what brighhton said above is the usual for most people here in Australia haha, it's quite interesting actually the wide range of wildlife we have here.
the blue mountains is actually quite beautiful, if people are thinking of coming down to Australia for a holiday, seeing the natural landmarks and formations like Uluru / Ayers rock and the blue mountains is something i recommend you do. Canberra is also a very interesting place to visit and, contrary to somewhat popular belief, it's actually the capital of Australia. i honestly don't blame you if you thought that Sydney was the capital but Canberra is in fact the capital and it is Australia's most sustainable city. Im pretty sure most people in primary have went on camp there (at least in Sydney anyways).

all in all, Australia is really unique on its own, and if you're ever planning on going to Australia at one point, talk to an Australian (if you know one) and prepare for the wildlife and extremely hot weather in summer and pretty much all year round (if you're going to Sydney, it's a damn microwave here). Canberra and Melbourne are a lot cooler and they aren't as hot as Sydney tends to be, so bring a couple jackets if you decide to go down there.
i've never been to Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns or Darwin, so I don't exactly know what happens there.

_Savage_MEMEZZZ_

What do you guys think of the "Australia is upside down" jokes?

even though you guys are clearly upside down lmbo
I actually think they’re quite hilarious, along with the Australian stereotypes that people make up from around the world. if you believe in some of them, I’m not going to ruin your fun and debunk most of them, but as far as Australian stereotypes / upside down Australia jokes go, I don’t find it offensive or anything haha.