Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Closed Build Contest - Deadline July 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all,

It's time to host a server wide build contest! This contest is open to all players including staff.
The top 3 finalists of the contest will be awarded with a rank or rank upgrade depending on what their current rank is. If you're a $100 donator rank and you win, you'll be given the option to choose who you want to give the rank to. First place will receive $35 and the special CFBC rank, second place will receive $25 and third place will receive $10. The contest ends on July 1st and a home page post will mention the winners and showcase their builds. The winner of the last contest @uhOhSpaghettios_ has had their CFBC rank taken away from them and will have to defend their title.

How to participate?
When you have finished your build you need to make a post on this thread with your username, the server it was built on and the plot ID. You can find your plot id by using /plot info
  • Username: SuperMonis
  • Server: Creative2
  • Plot ID: -22;-115
  • Build:
Theme
The theme for this round is Medieval, you can build anything medieval-related that you want.

Criteria that will help you stand out:
  • Detailing: The details used to bring a build to life, enhancing the theming and style by adding related assets or parts which aren't strictly important for the main build but benefit it immersion-wise.
  • Cohesiveness: The state in which all the parts and assets of a build are ordered in a cohesive and understandable manner and they all fit together in a non-cramped manner which helps the overall build.
  • Palette: The blocks used in a build which must be compatible and pleasing to the eye, and benefit the structure in their placement and use, benefiting from the color theory.
  • Completeness: It would be preferable for the build to be complete and not empty instead of large incomplete sections due to stretched out manpower.
  • Follows Theme: The build must be related and conserve the essence of the theme given, the lack of the theme in your builds will result in heavy docking of points.
  • Neatness: Make sure your builds are neat and ordered, leave clutter and random bits to a minimum and have it be easy to tell what the build is.
  • Judge's Opinions: The judges will base part of score based on their own subjective opinions of the builds and their previous building skill.
  • Creativity Bonus: Creative or inspiring builds will recieve an extra score boost from the judges if they feel like giving it so try to not do the obvious when building if you want this extra points.
Judges
The Judges are @Gallattea, @Kqwi and @mvsquerade

Rules
You are not allowed to post a build you have already made before the 1st of June, only new builds starting from the 1st of June are allowed.
You are allowed to get help from other players however only ONE person can submit the build and only that player will receive the reward if they win. You must also get permission from all those players if you do happen to submit a build where you got help from other players.
WorldEdit is allowed however the use of forge mods are not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Disclaimer
If you wish to give the prize to someone, address it in your post. You can keep building until the end date, even if you've already submitted your build.

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
I'm honored to be a Judge for this round of the CF Build Competition!
Good luck everyone, impress me!

Itzzcolin

If you guys are interested i posted a video on youtube of what i've done so far, a quick run through of the entire build!

Honestly not clue if i'm aloud to post a link to a youtube video, i just wanted to show off what i've done so far. Sorry if any rules are broken with me doing this!

Darius_Chitu

Is The Victorian Era (the Industrial Revolution - 18th century just before La Belle Epoque) considered a medieval style, or is it just the Middle Ages and the Renaissance?

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
Is The Victorian Era (the Industrial Revolution - 18th century just before La Belle Epoque) considered a medieval style, or is it just the Middle Ages and the Renaissance?
The Victorian Era was hundreds of years after the Middle Ages, so I'm pretty sure that it is not considered a medieval style.

Itzzcolin

This is not the victorian era at all, this is the middle ages style in design base. Like kqwi said, the Victorian period was between 20 June 1837 – 22 January 1901, where as the Middle ages type style im attempting to portray is 500 AD - 1300.

Hope i haven't done to bad of a job at portraying the "Medieval" style you were going for!

GalaxyCat33

If you guys are interested i posted a video on youtube of what i've done so far, a quick run through of the entire build!

Honestly not clue if i'm aloud to post a link to a youtube video, i just wanted to show off what i've done so far. Sorry if any rules are broken with me doing this!
i hope ya dont mind but when im done ima steal ur video idea if i have time

StaffVsPlayers

Thought I might as well try this. I dont know how medieval it is, but ehh.

Username: WakenBySleep
Plot ID: 46;-47
What Server?: CF2
Too lazy to provide screenshots.

MoonsOfCalamity

• Username: Ovora
  • Server: Creative1 [Home is ElvenGul]
  • Plot ID: -30;-16
  • Build:

Story Behind it: The land is called Ovora [I named myself after it OK] and inside this valley lives the last of the elves. At first there was just one branch of elves the High Elves, but they separated in to three groups the last of the High Elves, the Woodland Elves, then the Snula Elves. The High Elves all died out, the Snula Elves are also believed to have come to this fate as well. So what is left of the elves, the woodland elves lives in this valley where it is endless summer, but outside of the valley its endless winters enough to crush a mans soul.

Good luck to everyone else, excited to see what everyone builds ^-^
[Tbh I was to lazy to add anythin else] Feel free to check it out, there is a lot of interior and little secrets around to check out!

Status
Not open for further replies.