Chat Filter - Slowmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekeiido

Reactions
96 3 0
Some Discord servers have slowmode, which is to prevent spammers from spamming messages.
Don't know what slowmode is? Here's a little article that can help you.
https://support.discordapp.com/hc/e...2-Slowmode-Slllooowwwiiinng-down-your-channel

What is Slowmode?
Slowmode is a time limit in terms of messages that have been posted. Just like the filters from the server itself, it limits the number of messages a user has sent into the chat.
You will be receiving a timer when are you are unable to send a message during the time. When you type a message after you send, the timer cooldown really starts and it will be expired."

e.g. "Slowmode is enabled."

Slowmode is a good idea to prevent spammy messages and spam filters. Slowmode only applies into the #creativefun and #requests chat on Discord, and the estimated time to slow down the chat would be around 5 to 10 seconds.

Blokcyy

Reactions
727 49 0
I’m not really too sure on this, I’m on discord quite a bit and I never really see this issue, sure we get 100’s of replies in minutes but I think this is really unnecessary, I’m going to hold my vote just because I’m not too sure on how this really works and how it would benefit players.
Good luck with your suggestion!

Reactions
25 1 0
For reasons said above and even though I have my opinions on it which see the good in it. I cannot decide so I am holding back my vote to a neutral one.

X

XenForo

I think this would make general chatting more frustrating, as you'd need to wait a longer delay. Personally haven't seen any spammers, usually they aren't common and staff are able to deal with those fine.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
I think this would make general chatting more frustrating, as you'd need to wait a longer delay. Personally haven't seen any spammers, usually they aren't common and staff are able to deal with those fine.
Who? :eek: are you

X

XenForo

Hello :)

I'm the Technician here at CF, referring to my introduction post - I mainly sort the forum and discord side, fixing any bugs and doing site maintenance when needed.

JustSimplyCloud

Reactions
94 2 0
I don’t see a use for this...
CF’s discord is small compared to other massive discord servers (where I would see a use for this). Meaning spam isn’t that big of an issue.

Unless we see a massive boost of users, my vote is a big no

Xxpiggygirl77xX

Chat Moderator
Reactions
285 9 2
I don’t see a use for this...
CF’s discord is small compared to other massive discord servers (where I would see a use for this). Meaning spam isn’t that big of an issue.

Unless we see a massive boost of users, my vote is a big no
Necro-post (posting on a thread that hasn't has a reply for a month+)
@Kqwi

Status
Not open for further replies.