Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Discussion regarding CF

What is your opinion of CF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread is dedicated to posting feedback, criticisms, and experiences regarding CF. Staff, Ex-Staff, and normal players are welcomed to join in. You can use the poll to give a quick opinion, but I highly recommend you elaborate in the thread. I will post my opinion in a day or two, once stuff starts getting posted.

Last edited:
If you asked me this question maybe a year or more ago I would've probably answered one of the lower 2 options, but the server, this year especially, has improved in quality a lot since then. Monis (mostly) fixing the chat filter is a great thing for CF, what used to be a completely broken and basically experience ruining system now works fairly well, it has its exceptions obviously but it seems to work fairly well as of late with a few false positives popping up here and there. The situation with staff has cleared up seemingly well as of late as well, maybe it was just a personnel issue or maybe it was the rules themselves but compared to 2018-early 2020, the amount of complaints I've seen about the rules and staff have drastically dropped, though that doesn't mean they don't exist but either they've been at times I'm offline or just that less frequent now. Another point relating to the last one is the rule changes over recent times, certain rules have definitely been softened like the violence, alcohol and server mentioning rules in particular, with the two former being allowed in local and the later only resulting in a warn now. Features wise as well the server definitely has some of the best roleplaying features of any creative server that I know of, as well as seemingly minor stuff like waypoints being very useful for large scale builds. Though if you noticed a trend in my statements, I never said any of those things were perfect. This server still has a lot of flaws and those flaws are still apparent. The complaints about staff and rules still do exist as well as issues with the chat filter, though I can't imagine CF without those things, that does not mean they should be overlooked. Now to my personal biggest complaint about the server that I many probably could see coming from a mile away: World Edit. I respect Monis for putting in the time and effort to make a completely new world edit from scratch for the server so it can update quicker in the future, however I would've rathered that effort go to other things. It has been at least half a year since said new world edit was implemented and its only recently that we've gotten key features like paste -a. I would rather wait a month or two longer for the official plugin to update and have every command I need at the ready then have had waited 6 months so far without majority of the useful W/E commands just so that it doesn't take long in the future to update between version. There is also the whole adverts situation earlier this year but I won't go into that, since this is already very long.

How I would fix it? Well I'm not entirely sure but obviously keeping on top of any issues with chat filter would be a priority, maybe loosening the rules a bit more or dishing out more warns instead of mutes or even just being more open about mutes/warns/bans that people see as wrong and explaining to them why it was punishable. New features and plugins would also be welcome and go a long way in improving user experience and satisfaction as well. And obviously fixing world edit. The server doesn't need many major changes to fix itself and get going again, the problem is that it needs a lot of minor ones. Much respect to Monis for trying his hardest to fix the server and doing what he can.

acidiclove

I used to enjoy this server a lot, hence why i donated to it. The older it got i feel the more toxic the people grew/became...of course with popularity the more likely it is too be toxic, but this server isnt that popular any more and we have no excuse for it to be this toxic. I feel like some of the newer rules have really made people dislike this server and I honestly cannot blame them one bit. Most of these rules are quite dumb, considering most of the players now are around 14+ , so most of the rules making it "kid friendly" are really limiting on how we all want to express ourselves. I know the rules wont change since this really is just a silly little reply but still, i wanted this to be heard.

Jeessica

Admin
Website Mod
This server is so cool and I love it so much! :)

I'm so happy I got to experience such a welcoming community of people and the staff on here are such lovely people! The rules are amazing and they make me feel so comfortable on this family friendly server. The staff don't tolerate any kind of hate speech and that makes me feel like I'm at home! I also love that they don't allow any kind of swearing or inappropriate speech because I don't want to be reading that all of the time in conversations I have with the friendly players.

The staff are such amazing people and they respond to all my queries when I have one. The responses are actually useful too! I think the staff don't get enough recognition - they are friendly, quick at replying, dedicated, and overall very nice people. Shoutout to the CF staff team (not Aaaaaaaaaaaaaron)!

I think the chat filter is very good at blocking out all those nasty comments that people would put in chat. The chat filter is super good but does has a couple of flaws, though I am sure you can just shoot SuperMonis a message on Discord and he will get straight to that for you. That's how the staff work - their services are so breathtakingly amazing!

Thank you so much odije, AngelGoddess, Ecoya, LetsTimeOut, and SuperMonis for providing me with an amazing experience on the epic game called Minecraft!

On a more serious note -
More people need to elaborate on this thread. People have voted the lower one on this poll and dipped. The higher staff members want this server to work, they want to give the players an amazing experience just like I have had. And I would want everyone to feel like this about the server too. If you are a person to vote on this poll and not elaborate on anything then I think you should come back and say something. Otherwise none of your issues are going to be resolved, or addressed, because nobody knows what they are.

I feel like some of the newer rules have really made people dislike this server and I honestly cannot blame them one bit. Most of these rules are quite dumb, considering most of the players now are around 14+ , so most of the rules making it "kid friendly" are really limiting on how we all want to express ourselves.
I'm also confused about what new rules you are talking about. The only recent rule changes are ones that have been lifted to allow people to say more things or have a lighter punishment. Personally I wouldn't really understand how that makes people leave the server.

maurie

Server Moderator
I’ve been playing cf for a long time, so it’s always fun to be there, but I do think that higher staff should make a better effort to bring more players to the server. It also hurts to see people trolling when there’s no staff online.

I’m glad that higher-ups have been making more of an effort, but it’s hard to tell when they don’t interact with players more. To me, from experience with myself and talking with other ex-staff, Monis and the Co-Owners talk more to those on the staff team. Obviously this is like saying a business owner talks more to their employees than the customer, but it forms a bubble of staff being automatically more popular. With that, I don’t need there to always be a higher-up in chat, especially if they don’t want to be, but it’d make me happy to see more interaction between staff and players.

As for the good things, there’s lots. Some people complain about w/e, but apart from a few missing commands, it’s good enough for me. The plots are huge and I never know what to do with them. The community is friendly, especially long-running players. Lastly, CF is apart of my childhood, it’s cheesy, but it’s true. I’ve probably spent tens of thousands of hours on CF, and I have great memories from playing on it, so I don’t want it to change too much.

This server is so cool and I love it so much! :)

I'm so happy I got to experience such a welcoming community of people and the staff on here are such lovely people! The rules are amazing and they make me feel so comfortable on this family friendly server. The staff don't tolerate any kind of hate speech and that makes me feel like I'm at home! I also love that they don't allow any kind of swearing or inappropriate speech because I don't want to be reading that all of the time in conversations I have with the friendly players.

The staff are such amazing people and they respond to all my queries when I have one. The responses are actually useful too! I think the staff don't get enough recognition - they are friendly, quick at replying, dedicated, and overall very nice people. Shoutout to the CF staff team (not Aaaaaaaaaaaaaron)!

I think the chat filter is very good at blocking out all those nasty comments that people would put in chat. The chat filter is super good but does has a couple of flaws, though I am sure you can just shoot SuperMonis a message on Discord and he will get straight to that for you. That's how the staff work - their services are so breathtakingly amazing!

Thank you so much odije, AngelGoddess, Ecoya, LetsTimeOut, and SuperMonis for providing me with an amazing experience on the epic game called Minecraft!

On a more serious note -
More people need to elaborate on this thread. People have voted the lower one on this poll and dipped. The higher staff members want this server to work, they want to give the players an amazing experience just like I have had. And I would want everyone to feel like this about the server too. If you are a person to vote on this poll and not elaborate on anything then I think you should come back and say something. Otherwise none of your issues are going to be resolved, or addressed, because nobody knows what they are.

I'm also confused about what new rules you are talking about. The only recent rule changes are ones that have been lifted to allow people to say more things or have a lighter punishment. Personally I wouldn't really understand how that makes people leave the server.
For a second I thought you forgot to switch accounts lol.

Although I can’t speak for everyone, here are 2 common reasons I see about why people aren't happy with the server. If there are some grammar issues, I wrote this when I was tired.

Rules and limitations
Many people think some rules are too limiting. Lot of people don’t want a kid friendly server anymore, people want a 13+ server at least. People don’t want to be super cautious while in chat and want to express themselves more. Creative fun has a lot of teens, not five year olds. People also don’t like the chat filter, and I have to agree. It doesn’t do much to stop inappropriate things being said, it is very easy to bypass, and has a decent amount of false positives. People don’t like the “don’t mention other servers rule” as other servers allow this and don’t have much problem. Remember, the more laws you make, more criminals you make.

Staff and higher up transparency
People do not trust CF management and staff. First off, staff are easily replaceable. Many people are not going to trust the staff team if it looks almost different every 6 months. There have been more than 200 different staff since 2016. That is peak player base amount, if we are lucky. If players can't get to know the staff members well, I don’t blame them for not trusting them completely. Second. people are scared of staff when they come on their plots or in chat. This may also sound very mean, but some staff have little to no personality. There are exceptions, but some staff members are very minimal and “tech support representative” in how they talk. This creates a “spookiness” and indifferent atmosphere surrounding staff. However, a lot of ex staff said they were either demoted or resigned due to them walking on eggshells, which could explain why some staff are afraid to express more. Speaking on the walking on eggshells part, a lot of ex staff explained the “walking on eggshells” problem but haven’t seen many higher ups “(Co owners, admins, etc) comment about this. People also are losing faith in change. Sure, some rule punishments are being lessened, but for a lot of players, that's not good enough. Many players want more of a pg13+ server, where some swearing and edge is allowed. It took YEARS for the chat filter to be updated. Many players, even me, find that completely unacceptable, which could explain a lack of trust in the staff and the people who are running CF.

Also note, the 3 people who voted 9 to 10 for the server are staff.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
Staff and higher up transparency
People do not trust CF management and staff. First off, staff are easily replaceable. Many people are not going to trust the staff team if it looks almost different every 6 months. There have been more than 200 different staff since 2016. That is peak player base amount, if we are lucky. If players can't get to know the staff members well, I don’t blame them for not trusting them completely. Second. people are scared of staff when they come on their plots or in chat. This may also sound very mean, but some staff have little to no personality. There are exceptions, but some staff members are very minimal and “tech support representative” in how they talk. This creates a “spookiness” and indifferent atmosphere surrounding staff. However, a lot of ex staff said they were either demoted or resigned due to them walking on eggshells, which could explain why some staff are afraid to express more. Speaking on the walking on eggshells part, a lot of ex staff explained the “walking on eggshells” problem but haven’t seen many higher ups “(Co owners, admins, etc) comment about this. People also are losing faith in change. Sure, some rule punishments are being lessened, but for a lot of players, that's not good enough. Many players want more of a pg13+ server, where some swearing and edge is allowed. It took YEARS for the chat filter to be updated. Many players, even me, find that completely unacceptable, which could explain a lack of trust in the staff and the people who are running CF.

Also note, the 3 people who voted 9 to 10 for the server are staff.
You title this staff and transparency but I fail to see where you elaborate on how we are not being transparent? After the players request we made demotion reasons public in order to give you that transparency.

Regardless of anything, staff are going to come and go, not everyone are going to stick around for years, and there’s nothing we can do about that. I don’t think it’s fair to put that on the higher ups as people resign for various reasons. I’m also unsure what you mean when you say staff are easily replaceable, as in any “work” setting, when you lose a member, they need someone to fill that position.

You state that some staff members have “little to no personality”, which isn’t very kind, as you yourself admit. Simply because they’re not as talkative, or doesn’t joke around as much as others may do doesn’t make them have no personality, everyone is different.

You title this staff and transparency but I fail to see where you elaborate on how we are not being transparent? After the players request we made demotion reasons public in order to give you that transparency.

Regardless of anything, staff are going to come and go, not everyone are going to stick around for years, and there’s nothing we can do about that. I don’t think it’s fair to put that on the higher ups as people resign for various reasons. I’m also unsure what you mean when you say staff are easily replaceable, as in any “work” setting, when you lose a member, they need someone to fill that position.

You state that some staff members have “little to no personality”, which isn’t very kind, as you yourself admit. Simply because they’re not as talkative, or doesn’t joke around as much as others may do doesn’t make them have no personality, everyone is different.
Maybe transparency wasn't the best word, unless you consider slow change as lack of transparency. Although demotions reasons are public, resignation links aren't (At least I can't read them). I do not know what's in those links, but I am assuming those are like goodbye messages.

If staff come in go, then whatever, but don't expect people to feel trustworthy of staff if they can't get to know the team as well since they all keep coming going. I think people rather would have more experienced staff on the team compared to a lot of staff members who have a span of several months. There are a few long time staff members, but most come in and go. If there is literary no way to deal with this, then whatever, but there's the consequence.

I said they are exceptions. Maybe, they are just like that. However, that's why I mention the "Walking on eggshells" part as a potential theory to why some people may act this way and be more fearful of expressing themselves. I feel like you ignored the eggshell part.

Remember, the post i made is more of a mix of other peoples feelings and opinions, with some of mine.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
Maybe transparency wasn't the best word, unless you consider slow change as lack of transparency. Although demotions reasons are public, resignation links aren't (At least I can't read them). I do not know what's in those links, but I am assuming those are like goodbye messages.

If staff come in go, then whatever, but don't expect people to feel trustworthy of staff if they can't get to know the team as well since they all keep coming going. I think people rather would have more experienced staff on the team compared to a lot of staff members who have a span of several months. There are a few long time staff members, but most come in and go. If there is literary no way to deal with this, then whatever, but there's the consequence.

I said they are exceptions. Maybe, they are just like that. However, that's why I mention the "Walking on eggshells" part as a potential theory to why some people may act this way and be more fearful of expressing themselves. I feel like you ignored the eggshell part.

Remember, the post i made is more of a mix of other peoples feelings and opinions, with some of mine.
That’s fine, I’m just trying to explain how we/I feel!

The links to resignations are indeed not available for everyone, that is not just you!

I understand that you wish there were more experienced staff, but this is completely out of our control.

I don’t know what you mean by walking on eggshells, as in, in what aspect.

Jeessica

Admin
Website Mod
I want to add on to some of the points Ecoya has made:

People do not trust CF management and staff. First off, staff are easily replaceable. Many people are not going to trust the staff team if it looks almost different every 6 months. There have been more than 200 different staff since 2016. That is peak player base amount, if we are lucky. If players can't get to know the staff members well, I don’t blame them for not trusting them completely.
This doesn't make sense to me. Everyone who is staff management+ has been on the team since 2015 or since the very beginning of the server. There's no reason for you to not trust those people. Kqwi and I have been on the team since 2018 and before, so again, we have been on the team for a long time and have had a lot of experience in the positions we've been given. There's no reason for you not to trust us two either.

You can bring anything to an Admin+ or Staff Management+ and it will be resolved with maturely and as soon as possible. I don't know why people have such a grudge against any of the higher up staff members because they have never done anything harmful to deliberately make somebody feel bad about themselves or hurt anyone's feelings. People just like to play the name game and others run a long with it.

I also want to make a point about the 200 staff since 2016. Sure, that sounds like a lot. But if you put it into more perspective, it really doesn't. I'm going to say 200 promotions during 2016-2020 because that's roughly what I've gotten from my count on the thread. That's 50 new promotions every year, that's around 4 new ChatMods every month which is the equivalent of 1 staff every week. I, personally, don't know what would be so difficult about getting to know a new staff member every week if you are willingly putting yourself out there and making the effort to do so.

Second. people are scared of staff when they come on their plots or in chat. This may also sound very mean, but some staff have little to no personality. There are exceptions, but some staff members are very minimal and “tech support representative” in how they talk.
I think players should look more at the fact that staff are going to their plots and talking in local as a positive thing. I've seen many people complain about the "lack of effort" staff put in to going to roleplays or plots to engage with players on the server. But the reality is, we do, everybody just teleports away. And we can't help that. If you guys are wanting the staff to put in an effort of engaging with you then you should really consider your actions as well. I can't speak for every staff member when I say this, but if I were to teleport to a roleplay to engage with players and everybody just disappeared out of fear, then I wouldn't go to a roleplay again. I don't want players to feel this fear when they see a staff member on the plot. And honestly, you should only be feeling scared of staff members if you have done something wrong. If you haven't done anything wrong then nothing is going to happen to you.

However, a lot of ex staff said they were either demoted or resigned due to them walking on eggshells, which could explain why some staff are afraid to express more. Speaking on the walking on eggshells part, a lot of ex staff explained the “walking on eggshells” problem but haven’t seen many higher ups “(Co owners, admins, etc) comment about this.
However, that's why I mention the "Walking on eggshells" part as a potential theory to why some people may act this way and be more fearful of expressing themselves. I feel like you ignored the eggshell part.
I really don't know why something needs to be said about this.
There is no reason for any staff member to feel like they are walking on eggshells and I think you would agree if you were staff.

I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I'm confident that I can trust Ecoya, Dawn and Monis when I have any concern to bring to them and I am confident that I can trust them and rely on them to come up with a satisfactory solution. They encourage staff to bring up concerns so they can make the moderating environment easy and friendly for us (staff). It should be obvious to players that they wouldn't want their staff members feeling uncomfortable when they are moderating their server. And really this should have been made clear when they put in the ChatMod requirement for any applicant to be in a mentally stable position when they are applying. They don't want any staff members feeling like they should strain themselves to be online.

Put it all this way -
If everything you have read about the staff team is true: constant pressure, untrustworthy higher ups, bad environment, etc. I would not be on the team.

I want to add on to some of the points Ecoya has made:

This doesn't make sense to me. Everyone who is staff management+ has been on the team since 2015 or since the very beginning of the server. There's no reason for you to not trust those people. Kqwi and I have been on the team since 2018 and before, so again, we have been on the team for a long time and have had a lot of experience in the positions we've been given. There's no reason for you not to trust us two either.

You can bring anything to an Admin+ or Staff Management+ and it will be resolved with maturely and as soon as possible. I don't know why people have such a grudge against any of the higher up staff members because they have never done anything harmful to deliberately make somebody feel bad about themselves or hurt anyone's feelings. People just like to play the name game and others run a long with it.

I also want to make a point about the 200 staff since 2016. Sure, that sounds like a lot. But if you put it into more perspective, it really doesn't. I'm going to say 200 promotions during 2016-2020 because that's roughly what I've gotten from my count on the thread. That's 50 new promotions every year, that's around 4 new ChatMods every month which is the equivalent of 1 staff every week. I, personally, don't know what would be so difficult about getting to know a new staff member every week if you are willingly putting yourself out there and making the effort to do so.

I think players should look more at the fact that staff are going to their plots and talking in local as a positive thing. I've seen many people complain about the "lack of effort" staff put in to going to roleplays or plots to engage with players on the server. But the reality is, we do, everybody just teleports away. And we can't help that. If you guys are wanting the staff to put in an effort of engaging with you then you should really consider your actions as well. I can't speak for every staff member when I say this, but if I were to teleport to a roleplay to engage with players and everybody just disappeared out of fear, then I wouldn't go to a roleplay again. I don't want players to feel this fear when they see a staff member on the plot. And honestly, you should only be feeling scared of staff members if you have done something wrong. If you haven't done anything wrong then nothing is going to happen to you.

I really don't know why something needs to be said about this.
There is no reason for any staff member to feel like they are walking on eggshells and I think you would agree if you were staff.

I don't feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I'm confident that I can trust Ecoya, Dawn and Monis when I have any concern to bring to them and I am confident that I can trust them and rely on them to come up with a satisfactory solution. They encourage staff to bring up concerns so they can make the moderating environment easy and friendly for us (staff). It should be obvious to players that they wouldn't want their staff members feeling uncomfortable when they are moderating their server. And really this should have been made clear when they put in the ChatMod requirement for any applicant to be in a mentally stable position when they are applying. They don't want any staff members feeling like they should strain themselves to be online.

Put it all this way -
If everything you have read about the staff team is true: constant pressure, untrustworthy higher ups, bad environment, etc. I would not be on the team.
By management, I also mean owners and whoever develops the server, make the final changes to it. etc. Basically people who hold the most power. I don't immediately trust people just cause they are higher up staff. Experience plays a huge factor for me, but I can still not trust them if I feel like they make stupid mistakes despite staffing the server for years or I hear a bad reputation from others . For example, I don't trust kqwi to make the best decisions, for obvious reasons. If I have problem, I am not confident that higher up staff/management (Like I said, is admin, staff management, co owners, owners, developed, etc.) will help at all if I have a problem, especially now.

50 players a year still is a lot more than I am used too. I haven't been on a lot of servers that have anything like this (Although those servers are smaller than CF and mostly survival). They have similar sized staff teams to CF and don't have staff that come and go constantly. Staff member changes are usually rare. Those servers seems to have a different way of applying, where applications will be open for staff like once or twice a year. This promotes the server owners and higher staff to keep the lower staff in the staff team as long as possible, thus keeping more experienced staff. I don't know if this system would work for CF, but that is the type of staff systems I am used to compared to the CF system.

When some plot owners see staff come to their plots, they see it as a negative thing, usually when its unexpected. It's a distraction and makes me worried, since I had bad experience with staff coming to my plot. It is also very frustrating when staff come by when I am hoisting something and they don't explain why they are there. I was hosting a build comp once and 2 staff members came by and I asked why they are here. They mentioned they got a report but didn't explain what it was, and they hanged around for a few minutes. I was very close to denying them. They ended up not doing anything. People don't want to be hanging out on their plots and end up having to be uptight when a mod comes by. That may be more of problem with the rules than the staff. I still get worried when staff comes to my plot, even though I did nothing wrong,. I'm mostly worried that I may say something in local or someone built a bad build on my plot. Plus, its usually awkward. When staff come to their plot, some people view it like police going their house. I also don't host or join rps often, so I don't know much about the everyone teleporting away thing.

The walking on eggshells part is something I hear from ex-staff. Of course you, Jesssica, don't feel scared cause your literary one of higher up ranks on the server. Of course you can trust the higher ups, cause you are one yourself. The walking on eggshells part comes from ex staff, mostly chat mods, who made their experience public or told me when I asked about their experience. Ex staff has said they were demoted due to things that were taken out of context, made one to many mistakes, or were on the edge so they resigned. You can say I should not trust every negative thing ex staff say about the server. Going by that rule, I should not trust every positive thing current staff have to say about the server.

I wish I could've explained myself more in my original post, but I was tired.

Last edited:

AllStarDinner

Here is my opinion on things:
Creative fun is the BEST creative server I’ve been on, and here are some reasons why:

First of all, the staff on CF are amazing people! They are sweet, and are trying to make the server a better place! I read on a comment that people are scared of staff.. but why? Personally I am not scared if the staff come on a plot that I am on, because I have nothing to hide! I don’t understand why people are scared of them- they are people just like us. Not monsters! They have reasons for muting people, etc.

Secondly, I feel free to express myself in my builds, and the characters I play in roleplays, and I am normally scared to be myself!

That’s only some of the reasons!! So thank you staff for making CF amazing!

My friend got muted for saying the word "Discord server."
Not any in particular. just the words "Discord server"
it was a perma mute.
You cannot sit here and act like staff want the best for you.

The staff system /needs/ to change to being a case by case basis. there is no way that things like this can continue to happen.
I've been playing this server for almost 8 years. and for once i realize how absolutely stupid it all is. I love this server with all my heart. it's given me expirences I will never forget, but I simply cannot play on this server until these rules change, and i know so many other frequents feel the same way, or have already quit.

Creative fun is driving itself into a river.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
By management, I also mean owners and whoever develops the server, make the final changes to it. etc. Basically people who hold the most power. I don't immediately trust people just cause they are higher up staff. Experience plays a huge factor for me, but I can still not trust them if I feel like they make stupid mistakes despite staffing the server for years or I hear a bad reputation from others . For example, I don't trust kqwi to make the best decisions, for obvious reasons. If I have problem, I am not confident that higher up staff/management (Like I said, is admin, staff management, co owners, owners, developed, etc.) will help at all if I have a problem, especially now.
As Jeessica stated, SuperMonis, LetsTimeOut and myself have been here for a long time, as have the admins - so why is there no trust? What happened to break that trust or why was it never there in the first place? It’s obviously concerning you do not have faith in us to make the right decisions needed when an issue is brought to us.

The walking on eggshells part is something I hear from ex-staff. Of course you, Jesssica, don't feel scared cause your literary one of higher up ranks on the server. Of course you can trust the higher ups, cause you are one yourself. The walking on eggshells part comes from ex staff, mostly chat mods, who made their experience public or told me when I asked about their experience. Ex staff has said they were demoted due to things that were taken out of context, made one to many mistakes, or were on the edge so they resigned. You can say I should not trust every negative thing ex staff say about the server. Going by that rule, I should not trust every positive thing current staff have to say about the server.
We can’t tell what these issues are if the users don’t tell us when they’re staff. We obviously want everyone to be able to come to us regarding their issues, regardless if they’re staff or not.

My friend got muted for saying the word "Discord server."
Not any in particular. just the words "Discord server"
it was a perma mute.
You cannot sit here and act like staff want the best for you.

The staff system /needs/ to change to being a case by case basis. there is no way that things like this can continue to happen.
I've been playing this server for almost 8 years. and for once i realize how absolutely stupid it all is. I love this server with all my heart. it's given me expirences I will never forget, but I simply cannot play on this server until these rules change, and i know so many other frequents feel the same way, or have already quit.
People commonly apply for staff to enforce the rules and to help the community, not to make your day bad. Us muting you has nothing to do with us not wanting the best for you? And it seems like your issue lies more with the rules than the staff, but correct me if i’m wrong.

As Jeessica stated, SuperMonis, LetsTimeOut and myself have been here for a long time, as have the admins - so why is there no trust? What happened to break that trust or why was it never there in the first place? It’s obviously concerning you do not have faith in us to make the right decisions needed when an issue is brought to us.
Although most higher ups are good and overall trustworthy, I wished I felt more comfortable to trust and explain problems I may have to them. The lack of trust, at least from me, comes from 1. A recent incident involving a admin. 2. I really have no idea what is planned for CF in the future, so I don't know if changes that people in the community want will happen. 3. After having this (maybe slightly heated?) discussion with 2 higher ups publicly removes confidence that I will get good help and answers when I need it.

We can’t tell what these issues are if the users don’t tell us when they’re staff. We obviously want everyone to be able to come to us regarding their issues, regardless if they’re staff or not.
I can't speak for the mods who resigned or were demoted anymore. I agree they should come out, if they haven't already, about this eggshell experience I keep hearing about. I will try to not speak about this much further since I have nothing more to add.

I won't add on much about Bird said except that it is probably a mix of problems with the rules and false mutes from staff, although I don't know who muted their friend.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
Although most higher ups are good and overall trustworthy, I wished I felt more comfortable to trust and explain problems I may have to them. The lack of trust, at least from me, comes from 1. A recent incident involving a admin. 2. I really have no idea what is planned for CF in the future, so I don't know if changes that people in the community want will happen. 3. After having this (maybe slightly heated?) discussion with 2 higher ups publicly removes confidence that I will get good help and answers when I need it.

I can't speak for the mods who resigned or were demoted anymore. I agree they should come out, if they haven't already, about this eggshell experience I keep hearing about. I will try to not speak about this much further since I have nothing more to add.

I won't add on much about Bird said except that it is probably a mix of problems with the rules and false mutes from staff, although I don't know who muted their friend.
All I can really say to this is please come to me with any issues you have with staff members, I’m not sure what happened with the admin you have referenced here.

Also what heated discussion are you referencing? And how did it make you have less confidence in them?

All I can really say to this is please come to me with any issues you have with staff members, I’m not sure what happened with the admin you have referenced here.

Also what heated discussion are you referencing? And how did it make you have less confidence in them?
The situation is in my appeal I posted like last week. I can explain more if you want, I am on the discord.

By discussion I mean this whole discussion on this thread. I'm pretty sure pointing out issues in CF and staff doesn't make staff members happy.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
The situation is in my appeal I posted like last week. I can explain more if you want, I am on the discord.

By discussion I mean this whole discussion on this thread. I'm pretty sure pointing out issues in CF and staff doesn't make staff members happy.
I’m disappointed to hear us responding to this thread has caused you to have less faith in us. We want to work together to resolve problems, issues or other topics that are brought up. We want to explain our side and get more insight from you guys, hence why Jeessica encouraged the players who voted low scores on your poll to respond and elaborate on their points!