Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Dont let Discord mess with our privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAlyxsRqses

Dont let the Discord mess with are Privacy meaning, dont let them punish us for doing something in DM'S - - I think its inappropriate for the discord server to care what we say in DM'S Like advertising things and cussing-(idk if u can get punished). Today and I didn't know this, that I sent out a discord invite and got ban from the Discord server. To myself I thought it was ok, if Staff couldn't see it, nothing could go wrong, I sent this to every staff member and some players, only 2 staff members replied and weren't mad, but were actually going along with it, but one player just thought it was a crime, they reported me in the Public chat, and then I got banned. Just to me, I think its Invading are privacy about what we say or what we do in DM'S Of CF Players and I know other people have been banned because of it, I want to know if anyone agrees (to myself

Mikcey

Expert
Dont let the Discord mess with are Privacy meaning, dont let them punish us for doing something in DM'S - - I think its inappropriate for the discord server to care what we say in DM'S Like advertising things
Advertising is sending a link without them asking if you ask for the link it's not mutable this is to stop bots
cussing-(idk if u can get punished)
you can't
they reported me in the Public chat,
reported you for what? and you can make an appeal if you want

xAlyxsRqses

Advertising is sending a link without them asking if you ask for the link it's not mutable this is to stop bots

you can't

reported you for what? and you can make an appeal if you want
I asked before I sent the link - I can prove what I said

JustSimplyCloud

I hate stuff like this... private dms are supposed to be private! I get advertising somewhat, but say you want to introduce your CF friend to some of your other friends, how else would you do that? Send them a pidgeon with a peice of paper with the discord link?

Jeessica

Server Moderator
I hate stuff like this... private dms are supposed to be private! I get advertising somewhat, but say you want to introduce your CF friend to some of your other friends, how else would you do that? Send them a pidgeon with a peice of paper with the discord link?
Advertising Discord Links via DMs is only punishable if it’s unsolicited.

ly4

"You may use the Service to send messages to other users of the Service. You agree that your use of the Service will not include sending unsolicited marketing messages or broadcasts (i.e., spam)."
Source: https://discordapp.com/terms

If it was really unsolicited, it's forbidden.
I don't think just because one person reports you for it that you have to be banned. Only mass-dms advertisements should get banned as they would get reported multiple times I guess.
Not a violation of privacy if it was unsolicited and the person reported you.

xAlyxsRqses

Advertising Discord Links via DMs is only punishable if it’s unsolicited.
I never sent the link :/ I asked - btw u guys dont own discord so u shouldn't even care or want to know what we do or say in DM's, it possibly is invading privacy and in the US Its addressed in court, that can get u into a lot of trouble, even if u live outside the states, its still addressed even in other countries

Last edited:

LetsTimeOut

Co-Owner
Financial Adviser
I never sent the link :/ I asked - btw u guys dont own discord so u shouldn't even care or want to know what we do or say in DM's, it possibly is invading privacy and in the US Its addressed in court, that can get u into a lot of trouble, even if u live outside the states, its still addressed even in other countries
The only way you would have ever been able to message those users are from our Discord server. We have rules for how you are able to interact with members of our Discord server, which is the same principle as our Forums and Minecraft server.

DeanoDomino

if you dont have a good understanding of the law, accusing cf of breaking laws and such is a bit extreme- especially when those claims are completely false, you obviously dont know what you're on about

xAlyxsRqses

The only way you would have ever been able to message those users are from our Discord server. We have rules for how you are able to interact with members of our Discord server, which is the same principle as our Forums and Minecraft server.
U have no rule over discord so how could we be-sure discord doesn't know that you're invading the privacy of our DM's? Do u know, I would like to know before I email discord on it :/

if you dont have a good understanding of the law, accusing cf of breaking laws and such is a bit extreme- especially when those claims are completely false, you obviously dont know what you're on about
I never said it was breaking the law, its neither a federal offence read how I said it agian, I said "Its Addressed in Court"

DeanoDomino

I never said it was breaking the law, its neither a federal offence read how I said it agian, I said "Its Addressed in Court"
[/QUOTE]

ok then why would it be addressed in court? because youre breaking the rules on a minecraft discord server?

LetsTimeOut

Co-Owner
Financial Adviser
U have no rule over discord so how could we be-sure discord doesn't know that you're invading the privacy of our DM's? Do u know, I would like to know before I email discord on it :/
How have we invaded your privacy? Because as far as I am aware, either you or the person you have been messaging are the only way it could be invaded.

I mean, if you’re in DMs with a person from CF and you ask if they want to go on another server, and they oblige, then that’s fine. The issue here is with people joining the discord and spamming members with unsolicited invites for other servers.

ly4

Source: https://discordapp.com/terms in the Communications part.
This meaning that sending invite links (Invite links are considered broadcasts/marketing) when the invite link was unsolicited by the other person you're sending it to, well, that is against Discord's Terms of Service​
if Staff couldn't see it, nothing could go wrong, I sent this to every staff member and some players, only 2 staff members replied and weren't mad, but were actually going along with it, but one player just thought it was a crime, they reported me in the Public chat, and then I got banned.
Huh? You have sent it to multiple people and if one reported you, that means they weren't okay with you sending the link.
As you said "if Staff couldn't see it, nothing could go wrong" but after that you say "I sent this to every staff member" huh? You agreed to the Terms of Service of Discord when registering- Meaning that you're the one in the wrong for sending unsolicited server invite links to people. That is called spam. Even though some staff were "Going with it" as you said, doesn't mean that you are immune to the rules. If a player was unhappy with you doing it, staff have to do their job.

Anyways, it's just against Discord Terms of Service. If everyone was "okay with it" why did you get reported?​
How have we invaded your privacy? Because as far as I am aware, either you or the person you have been messaging are the only way it could be invaded.
Yep, that's indeed not a violation of privation, just spam, if going by the terms of service of https://discordapp.com/terms.

Hopefully this clears this out. G'day!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.