Here I am

carpetrug

Jan 14, 2019
I often get stuck in the mentality of "Just make it to Friday" or "Just make it to the end of the day". Lately I feel everything to be pointless. I don't really feel comfortable talking to my step parent about this, and my therapist doesn't help. My medicine barely helps, things I use to enjoy just quicken the pace of my down ward spiral. I've tried so many things and talked to so many people about how I feel, but none of it changes. The longer I live the more I hate leaving the house and just hate people in general. Nothing brings me joy anymore and nothing gives me feeling. I feel the more i'm around people the more I feel alone. So, here's hoping someone on this god forsaken planet has something to say about this.

Thanks, James

Well, that is quite sad to be blunt.
Be sure to find something that you enjoy, to take you out of reality. Absorb yourself into what you enjoy best. For example, maybe drawing or sports could help. Anything works.
If nothing works, at least that you try, be sure to message me on the website or the server for advice and somebody to talk to.
I'm extremely sorry that your life isn't going the way it imagined. I'm going to bet that it will get much better in the future, I promise.

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
I've been the same way for the past year. I still haven't found a "cure", but I've found that forcing myself to excersise, listen to music, go outside, watch a movie, read a book, or do anything at all helps to distract me and keep me mind off my problems. It's hard- sometimes impossible, but try anyways. It helps, even if it's just by a bit. It sounds cliche, but having experienced this myself (and currently going through it), best thing to do is to talk about it or be around people. It's the last thing I want when I'm feeling down and I feel like I hate everything and everyone, but it does help.

If you have a good friend, talk to them. If you don't, talk to family members or even someone on the internet. You don't even have to discuss your feelings- just spend time with them, chat, and it'll help. Whatever you do, don't sit for hours doing nothing or it'll get worse and worse. Find a distraction.

The best thing, I've found, is worrying about someone else. I went through a period where a family member was in danger of losing everything they had and I completely forgot about my problems, my hate, and my emptiness. Oddly, my worry and panic for them really helped me feel more alive and normal for a while. Maybe try to help out other people or be there for them.

That's all just from my experience- different things help different people, so I don't know how helpful this'll be to you, but maybe you could try it. Have hope, be positive, be kind to yourself, and find something to look forward to. You'll be alright.

Last edited:

_OmniiPotent_

Jun 21, 2016
ŘƗᎶĦŦ ĦΔŇĐ Øℱ ŞΔŦΔŇ
Not to be rude but why are you talking about this on a minecraft forums? Like if this is something you genuinely feel is important to you talk to someone who can actually do something rather than a bunch of kids online.

carpetrug

Jan 14, 2019
Not to be rude but why are you talking about this on a minecraft forums? Like if this is something you genuinely feel is important to you talk to someone who can actually do something rather than a bunch of kids online.
I don't think you realize how much just talking about it can help, whether it be my Therapist or a bunch of kids online.

_OmniiPotent_

Jun 21, 2016
ŘƗᎶĦŦ ĦΔŇĐ Øℱ ŞΔŦΔŇ
I don't think you realize how much just talking about it can help, whether it be my Therapist or a bunch of kids online.
I certainly do, but it's not particularly helpful to you, when you're posting it on a minecraft forums, with a bunch of people that generally aren't equipped to talk about stuff like that. There's much better ways you can talk about things, heck, there's even entire forums based around it. It seems kind of counter-productive that you'd come onto a forums, where most people don't even know you, and expect us to give you advice on your personal mental health, when there's much better outlets for that kind of thing, if you'd like I could give you a few links to websites that might be able to help you, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post links?

Colorrrr

Jul 29, 2018
Los Angeles, California
@carpetrug, I so admire how you have have openly expressed some difficulties you’ve been struggling with recently. Personally, I would try to find something, it can be the littlest of things that just extracts positivity from you at all times, such as a favorite movie that has related to a sort of memory. It is so hard to be positive and actually try to look forward to something, but you mentioned you often tell yourself to “just make it to Friday” which in itself is actually something you are looking forward to. This does prove that you are capable of looking forward to things if you just try hard enough.

Life can seem pointless and it certainly does for almost every person in at least one moment of their life, including me, but I think if you look hard enough and actively try, which I know is hard to do, to try some sort of method, idea, or hobby that brings joy, it will change your view of pointlessness in life tremendously.

My messages on the Creative Fun Site as well as on the server are also open to talk, and similar to what @ilysydd, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

<3

beomgyu

Nov 14, 2016
yeehaw state
I suggest you try running for fun. It works for me. I also have a deep passion for music. Whether its playing an instrument, singing, dancing, or simply jamming out to some tunes. Whatever works best for you.

Please stay strong. Don't do anything you might regret in the future. If suddenly everything seems pointless, take deep breaths and then keep going. Keep yourself occupied.