Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

how to add coloured names/lores to items (with NBTExplorer)

nnicky

hello, before I even get started, yes I am aware that @Mikcey has made a thread like this but I noticed some people having problems with it so I decided to post this so people have more than one thread they can use.
Step One: download and install NBTExplorer
Step Two: create a singleplayer world
Step Three: enter the world and execute the command /give @p command_block

Step Four: in the command block, enter either one of the commands at the bottom of this thread:
Step Five: change "TEXT" in the command to whatever you want it to say
Step Six: download NBTExplorer onto your computer
Step Seven: in NBTExplorer locate your world file under the "saves" category (it should be named after what you named it in Minecraft)
Step Eight: click your world so it's highlighted and hold Ctrl + F and search, "/give @p diamond_sword" or whatever item you chose
Step Nine: double click the command that you made so it's highlighted
Step Ten: edit it using section symbols (§) as you would colour codes. (for example, "§4§onicky's sword" for "nicky's sword") if you don't know what numbers/letters are for each code you can use /colorhelp on cf
Step Eleven: leave your Minecraft world, then save by clicking the save icon on NBTExplorer
Step Twelve: go back into your singleplayer Minecraft world and open the command block. all the words that you changed in NBTExplorer should be colored in the command block
Step Thirteen: power the command block to get the item in your inventory

Step Fourteen: to get the item into cf you will need to save it into a toolbar. to do this, put anything you want to save to a toolbar in your hotbar and press C + (a number 1-9) to save it
Step Fifteen: go back into cf and go into your creative menu > saved toolbars (the bookshelf) to find the item you made

HOPE THIS HELPED SOME OF YOU! If you have any questions/comments please feel free reply to this thread with them or you can privately message me on the forums or discord.

• /give @p diamond_sword 1 0 {display:{Name:"TEXT",Lore:["TEXT"]}} <<<<< (with lore on the item)
OR
  • /give @p diamond_sword 1 0 {display:{Name:"TEXT"}} <<<<< (without lore on the item)

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE ITEM ID TO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE

Last edited:

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
hello, before I even get started, yes I am aware that @Mikcey has made a thread like this but I noticed some people having problems with it so I decided to post this so people have more than one thread they can use.
Normally, you are not allowed to make a guide that already exists. However, this guide uses a different method than Mickey’s guide, therefore I will leave this one open.