Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

How to add lore/colour items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikcey

Expert
I know a lot of people ask how to colour items since they've been more common nowadays. There are more ways than just this but this is the way I use. (The commands were made from @Orlaando )

1. You want to do this all in single player, first do /give @p command_block

2. You want to put in the command (replace the bold spots with what's asked) in the command block: ]/give @p sign 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Text2:"{\"text\":\"Click\",\"color\":\"blue\",\"clickEvent\":{\"action\":\"run_command\",\"value\":\"/setblock ~ ~ ~ command_block 2 replace {Command:\\\"give @p minecraft:Block type (i.e. concrete, wool, quartz, etc) How many blocks you want ID (stuff such as coloured blocks like concrete you would put 0 for white concrete, it's the second number in 251:(whichever colour) for concrete) {display:{Name:\\\\\\\"\\u00A7Leave the u00A7 and replace the last number/letter with whatever colour you want\\u00A7Put the other font you want, if you want no font put r Put what you want the item name to be\\\\\\\",Lore:[\\\\\\\"What you want the lore to be\\\\\\\"]}}\\\"}\"}}"}}
You can find colour codes with /colorhelp on CF

3. You'll get a sign, put it down and click it, a command block will spawn, DON'T mess with it, just activate it. You will then get the block with the stuff set above

4. Lastly, you do c+1 through 9, come on CF and do x+number you did c+ with

If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them below

Last edited:

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
So, I've tried it myself, but this is a limited way, it doesn't allow 100% customization, because putting color codes inside the naming bit doesn't work. It doesn't work with a '&' and you can't even type a '§' inside Minecraft (apart from Books) anyway. Due to this:
  • The Item Name can only have one color and one font, which is decided by the codes you put into the command a little before the Item Name. You can't combine several colors and/or fonts, so you can't make rainbow names.
  • The color and font of the Lore can't be customized at all. It'll always be Italic and Purple.
If you want 100% customization, you'll have to either use the 'Server with Plugin' method, or the MCEdit/NBTExplorer method.

Orlaando

So, I've tried it myself, but this is a limited way, it doesn't allow 100% customization, because putting color codes inside the naming bit doesn't work. It doesn't work with a '&' and you can't even type a '§' inside Minecraft (apart from Books) anyway. Due to this:
  • The Item Name can only have one color and one font, which is decided by the codes you put into the command a little before the Item Name. You can't combine several colors and/or fonts, so you can't make rainbow names.
  • The color and font of the Lore can't be customized at all. It'll always be Italic and Purple.
If you want 100% customization, you'll have to either use the 'Server with Plugin' method, or the MCEdit/NBTExplorer method.
Thanks for bashing on our thread ;)

Anyway, you don’t put the “&” you only put the integer or the alphabetical character. Also, you can put multiple formats and colors as long as you don’t space them out. It may have been confusing, but you should’ve asked for help, before saying “it doesn’t work.”

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
Thanks for bashing on our thread ;)

Anyway, you don’t put the “&” you only put the integer or the alphabetical character. Also, you can put multiple formats and colors as long as you don’t space them out. It may have been confusing, but you should’ve asked for help, before saying “it doesn’t work.”
Oh, apologies then. After I did some research, I thought that it was impossible, so I decided to add some maybe useful information to this thread. But I see I was wrong on that now. I'll try if I can get the multiple colors and fonts to work later.

Orlaando

Oh, apologies then. After I did some research, I thought that it was impossible, so I decided to add some maybe useful information to this thread. But I see I was wrong on that now. I'll try if I can get the multiple colors and fonts to work later.
Sorry if I sounded a bit rude back there. However, MCEDIT will work :)

RpNameTaken_

I don't get it, when I get the command block from the sign, and add redstone to it, it says my name is not a valid number.

Status
Not open for further replies.