Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

How to Get to your MC Chatlogs

simulxtion

Have you ever been muted and can't remember exactly what you said?
Have you ever needed evidence of what a person said/did for a report and can't remember what they did?

Well Retsllihp here your Friendly neighborhood Moderator is here to help you with these common issues among others!

There are different ways when it comes to finding your chatlogs if you're on minecraft or offline. I'll start with online procedure to finding it:
  • What I usually do is click on Options, Resource Packs, and Open Resource Pack Folders.
    You should come across a folder page like this: Screenshot (1133).jpg

• After that, click on .Minecraft next to the resourcepacks and you should come the next screen which should look like this:

• Once you get to this page you will click on the folder that says Logs. There it will give you a list of Chatlogs oraganized by date. To make things easier when you're looking through chatlogs do Ctrl+F. This command will bring up a search bar in which you can type in a name of a player so you can scroll through anything that mentions that player. From there you can either copy & paste what text you need or you can screenshot which for I use Ctrl + prt sc (which is next to the delete button above the backspace).

Now for the Mac/Linux Users if the above doesn't work for when online here's a way to get to your chatlogs:
(I've never used minecraft on a Mac, I've only done research on how to do this so if any of this information is incorrect please let me know and It'll be changed. This way also works for PC if offline)
  • Open your Minecraft Launcher, there you should see three bars at the top right, click it, and it should give you four options. Choose 'Launch Options and you should come to a screen like this:
    1533229285548.png

• Select one of the versions of Minecraft displayed. (It does not have to be the latest version)
  • Click the small green arrow shown in the picture next to the folder. It should bring you to your Minecraft folder location with the 'logs' folder inside of it, but as I am not a Mac user I can not test this out for myself.
    Screenshot (1136).png

• To take a screenshot of the logs with Mac you would use either the command Shift-Command (⌘)-3 or Press Shift-Command-4. The pointer changes to a crosshair. Move the crosshair to where you want to start the screenshot, then drag to select an area. When you've selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. To cancel, press the Esc (Escape) key before you release the button.
  • Same with Ctrl + F on Pc, you would use CMD + F if you're on a Mac to search for specific items.

Hopefully this information helps you in the future and as I said if any of this information doesn't work for you or you know of a different easier way that works as well then let me know. These are just the ways I know of that work.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeessica

Server Moderator
Thanks for this guide Phill!
This well for sure benefit me in many ways, and I'm sure it will benefit others too :)

Good job.

simulxtion

I just realized there was already a thread about this on the main CreativeFun Guides but this is a different way of doing it and has more detail with different commands to help. Easier to follow IMO