Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

How to use and install the mod More Player Models

miaosan

How to use and install: More Player Models

Considering the mod More Player Models being allowed, I have decided to make this guide on how to use More Player Models.
Downloading forge: To use MPM, Forge is a necessity. Here is how to install Forge.
  1. Go to this website: https://files.minecraftforge.net/
  2. Download Forge for any version you'd like, I recommend downloading the recommended file. (1.12.2 if you'd like to use it on the server)
  3. After you click download for the selected version, It will take you to AdFoc.us. DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD! Click the button I show below, this is to prevent a virus: click here (1).png
  4. Once you click skip, forge will automatically download and be displayed at the bottom of your screen.
  5. Put your tab not on full window so it is like this:
  6. not full screen (1).png
  7. Click on the forge file and drag it onto your desktop. (If you have any questions on how to do this, leave a comment.)
  8. You can exit out of the tab once Forge is on your desktop.
  9. Click on the folder to open your files.
  10. Search up, "%appdata% on the top search bar, in Quick Access. Then click enter.
  11. quick access (1).png
  12. You will be taken to a folder with many files, at the top, you should see ".minecraft". Double click on that.
  13. In the .minecraft folder, there is a folder called "mods".(If you do not have one, create one. Feel free to ask questions about this below). Double click on the .mods folder.
  14. Double click on the forge icon on your desktop, it will open a pop up like this:
  15. forge5344543 (1).png
  16. Click "OK". A pop up will show up, which you can just click "OK" again on.
  17. Open your minecraft launcher.
  18. Go to "Launch Options."
  19. Click, "Add New."
  20. For the version, click on that and scroll to the bottom.
  21. Your forge download should be displayed there, click on it.
  22. Do not finish it yet. On the side is more advanced options, see where JVM arguements is? Click on that to edit it. At the front of it, there should be this: "-Xmx2G -XX:" and so on. Just focus on that part. For this I would suggest allocating more space for forge. So, where it says "2G" I would replace that with 4G. So, it would be now: "-Xmx4G -XX:" ect. Most people say that it is recommended to give up half of your storage space so keep that in mind. (Ex. If you had 10G you'd give up 5G).The reason of this is to make sure your game is smooth with less lag. (This part may be confusing for some, if you'd like me to provide screenshots let me know).
  23. Click, "Save" at the bottom.
  24. Go back to the "News" tab in your launcher.
  25. At the bottom is the configuration you've made, click on it.
  26. For a test run, start it up. If it shows 3 more loading bars under the "Mojang" logo, then you have correctly installed forge! If this is not working, let me know in the replies so I can try to help you.
Downloading More Player Models
  1. Keep open the "mods" folder I have showed you how to make before. (In %appdata%, .minecraft)
  2. Go to this page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/more-player-models?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=221939
  3. Click, "Download Latest File".
  4. The file should show on your screen below, just like the forge file above. Make your tab not full screen and drag on the More Player Models mod onto your desktop.
  5. Open your mod folder in %appdata%.
  6. Drag the More player Models file into the folder.
  7. You can now close it once the file is in the folder, and start up minecraft with the new configuration you made.
If you have followed all these steps correctly, the Mod More Player Models should work! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns let me know in the replies and I will be happy to help you.

Have a nice day!

@beomgyu and @Mikcey , I believe you wanted a guide on this thread so I thought I'd tag you.​

Attachments

boywithlove

This guide is very helpful, so many thanks for that. @chopstickthighs (here you go)

The only question I have is on step three for downloading mpm. Whenever I click "Download latest file" on the right it pops up on the bottom of my screen but says "This type of file can harm your computer" Should I be concerned about this? Or just go ahead and click keep instead of discard?

Last edited:

miaosan

This guide is very helpful, so many thanks for that.

The only question I have is on step three for downloading mpm. Whenever I click "Download latest file" on the right it pops up on the bottom of my screen but says "This type of file can harm your computer" Should I be concerned about this? Or just go ahead and click keep instead of discard?
You shouldn't be concerned, the file is harmless and I've noticed nothing bad happening to my computer since I've gotten it. :)