Link your Minecraft Account

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
I was thinking that you should be able to link your account in-game with your CF Forums account. There could be benefits, sometimes someone's forum name may not be the same as their username, so this would be useful. There could be many other factors to this, (not sure yet.) I know a lot of servers have this feature, so why don't we?

@Siri what do you think? :)

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
Hey! Thanks for the tag.

I really love the idea, and honestly it wouldn't be hard to implement fully at all. If such was added, we could show the players in-game rank underneath their username. Potentially then allowing people to choose any forum nickname, and have their IGN underneath.

I'll speak to Monis about this, I think it's a really cool idea and I'm sure many of us would want it :)
Thank you for the response! Yes, I'd love the feature of showing the rank and choosing the nickname! :D

Also, maybe we could change our nickname every 30 days or so, so we do not have to ask a staff member, (as long as it's not inappropriate.)

Blokcyy

Reactions
724 49 0
Voting hecc yeah
It would be just like discord and it would mean less stuff for monis to do because I’m sure changing usernames is not fun xD great suggestion and I love the rank being underneath our names like Siri said :)

Good luck with your suggestion

Naariii

Reactions
330 1 0
Hey! Thanks for the tag.

I really love the idea, and honestly, it wouldn't be hard to implement fully at all. If such was added, we could show the players in-game rank underneath their username. Potentially then allowing people to choose any forum nickname, and have their IGN underneath.

I'll speak to Monis about this, I think it's a really cool idea and I'm sure many of us would want it :)
This would be cool, if this is implemented so you mean something like a nickname for an example (in my case) Ev and then below would be Naariii in a smaller text???? That would be really cool especially for when people change their usernames on the server and then on the forums because it is so hard to remember everyone's username.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
Yeah, so your current forum name could then be like changed perhaps. Then your username will show below in its own box.

Something like:

Charlie
Reactions 100 | 0 | 0

———————
Siri
[TECHNICIAN]
———————
Yeah! Sure do hope this gets added! Maybe it could have a small pic of your face of your skin?

Yep it usually does,

Avatar on left, then your name and rank beside it :)
So, is it possible for you to add this feature? :)

If Monis approves it yes :)
Ooh! I hope he does. :D

I’ll speak to him about it within next few days :) I’ll let him enjoy his birthday without me messaging him often about things haha.
Haha! Yeah, he deserves a rest! ;)

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
Reactions
422 27 1
I’ll be voting Yes.
I think I remember something being said about this a bit over a year ago, but I haven’t heard anything about it since, until now.

I really like the idea of being to link your accounts, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You would be able to view information about your mutes, friends and such on the Forums. Maybe a link to the player’s Forums account could be integrated into /seen in some way.

The only thing I’m not sure about is being able to change your to change your Forums Username to whatever you want. If this bit was not to be added, I think there could be a feature that automatically updates your Forums Username once you update your MC Username.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
I’ll be voting Yes.
I think I remember something being said about this a bit over a year ago, but I haven’t heard anything about it since, until now.

I really like the idea of being to link your accounts, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. You would be able to view information about your mutes, friends and such on the Forums. Maybe a link to the player’s Forums account could be integrated into /seen in some way.

The only thing I’m not sure about is being able to change your to change your Forums Username to whatever you want. If this bit was not to be added, I think there could be a feature that automatically updates your Forums Username once you update your MC Username.
Yeah, maybe leave the username/nick changing bit for later.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
Just would be a cool and nice feature to add, ya know?

vlodge

Reactions
272 5 0
Voting yes too!
This is for obvious reasons and people can tell who you are in-game.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
^ That's why I hope Monis approves of it. I can't really see why he wouldn't. I believe it's a harmless + overall a nice addition.

Reactions
62 0 0
I'd love to have this, also in /seen maybe you can link the person's forums account? @Siri If it wouldn't be to hard, because you already work very hard and it shows :D (oh lol i promise i didn't steal that from Kqwi but anyway creads to him =3)

Xxpiggygirl77xX

Chat Moderator
Reactions
285 9 2
I can see this kinda having the same issue with players not being able to access the forums like how they can’t access discord when they don’t have access to Minecraft
If you don’t need to link your forums account to be able to use the forums that would help out, linking should be optional

Anyways, I’ll be holding my vote

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
Yes, linking was meant to be optional. But if it was not optional and you had to do it, this will reduce spambots and things.

ilymouse

Reactions
27 1 0
Love this idea!
So ofc I am gonna leave a big, fat yes for obvious reasons above
and I know I am late to this but o w