Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Necroposting

Hvzelnut

Necroposting

This guide will explain what is necroposting and teach you how not to necropost.
Necroposting is usually self-explanatory but this is a guide a little more in-depth about it.

What is a necropost?

A necropost is a post on an "old, abandoned thread that has been considered 'dead' for a while.
That no longer serves any purpose but is bumped back up to the top of the forums by someone posting
in it." Necroposting is seen as a form of spam and clogs up the forums with old and unneeded topics.

How old should a thread be before it is considered “dead”?
This depends on the thread and the forum it is in. Some things to consider:
-Has the initial question been resolved?
-Is the subject no longer relevant?
-Is the thread relatively old? If the original poster was asking for help,
they're probably not watching it anymore if it's over a month or even a year old.
- Is my post related to the topic, and will it help move the discussion towards it's intended goal?

Does necroposting exist in all of the forums and sub-forums?
Necroposting ''does not apply to Games and Suggestions.''

Is it okay to necropost?
''It is not okay to necro-post. It is only allowed (like I have stated) to necro-post on the appropriate sub-forums (games and suggestions) so anything other than those forums are not okay to necro-post on as it will be locked, even if you want to mention something and others reply. It’ll be locked after you do so anyway. Once the last reply was 30+ days ago, it’s best to just not reply. '' - Kayiley

How could I respond to a necropost?
Please be polite about it. Sometimes, I see users post along the lines of “DO NOT NECROPOST”, or “STOP! READ THE RULES!'' I'm not wild about these types of posts at all. Chances are that they might not know what necroposting is and I'm sure that the last thing they'd want is for someone to jump on them (in an impolite manner) for that. While it's fine to help users become familiar with the forum guidelines, please be respectful when doing so.

What happens if I necropost?
Usually, a staff member will just politely ask you to not necropost. For example, ''Please do not necropost as it is a form of spam.''

Thank you for reading I hope this helps if you have any suggestions feel free to comment!

Last edited:

sunlcght

Chat Moderator
Is it okay to necropost?
Yes. If you believe you have something to add to the subject that no one else has mentioned, and the topic is still relevant or unresolved, you can give your input; it may spark new discussion! However, do some searching and make sure the subject hasn't been resolved or continued on somewhere else since then.
Hey! I like this guide and it seems to be very informative, especially for newer members.

But please do take note at the part I quoted that it is not okay to necro-post. It is only allowed (like you’ve said) to necro-post on the appropriate sub-forums (games and suggestions) so anything other than those forums are not okay to necro-post on as it will be locked, even if you want to mention something and others reply. It’ll be locked after you do so anyways. Once the last reply was 30+ days ago, it’s best to just not reply.