Suggestion Please stop 'discouraging' Minimodding...

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
Just a few minutes ago, there was spam in /a for almost 2 minutes, it didn't seem like anyone was doing anything about it so i said 'please don't spam' then IMMEDIATELY as i said that, i was told not to mini mod. Where was this mod when this guy was spamming? Why didn't any mod speak up about it? A classic case of Mini modding being worse then spam? or just lazy mods? Ive been very perturbed with the Mini modding discouragement. If mods are not doing anything, so what if it causes a little spam?? People are spamming anyways it seems. People shouldnt be scolded for trying to help, especially if mods are not doing anything.

Reactions
167 2 0
I feel like this is definitely fair, however, I still think we should discourage mini-modding. The reason that some mods didn't see it because they were either focussing on something else or just not looking at chat. Some ideas we say instead of mini-modding, is messaging a staff member to stop or simply /ignore them.

Mini-modding is discouraged because it causes spam and arguments.

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
I feel like this is definitely fair, however, I still think we should discourage mini-modding. The reason that some mods didn't see it because they were either focussing on something else or just not looking at chat. Some ideas we say instead of mini-modding, is messaging a staff member to stop or simply /ignore them.

Mini-modding is discouraged because it causes spam and arguments.
Honestly, ive had more arguments over minimodding then asking people to please stop spamming.

blcssom

Reactions
254 7 0
And if people were constantly mini-modding, then what would the point even be of ChatMod?

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
And if people were constantly mini-modding, then what would the point even be of ChatMod?
Being able to punish or mute people...? The point of being a ChatMod is to keep the server a safe and fun place. When they don't do their jobs, (warnings, mutes, bans) the server gets agitating. Regular people asking if others can please stop spamming, or if they can please stop saying rude things, that shouldn't need scolding..

Jeessica

Server Moderator
Reactions
584 18 2
Just a few minutes ago, there was spam in /a for almost 2 minutes, it didn't seem like anyone was doing anything about it so i said 'please don't spam' then IMMEDIATELY as i said that, i was told not to mini mod. Where was this mod when this guy was spamming? Why didn't any mod speak up about it? A classic case of Mini modding being worse then spam? or just lazy mods? Ive been very perturbed with the Mini modding discouragement. If mods are not doing anything, so what if it causes a little spam?? People are spamming anyways it seems. People shouldnt be scolded for trying to help, especially if mods are not doing anything.
People minimodding could be classed as group spam if anything. If someone spams, then about 3-5 people will comment on it and say "Please do not spam", which could look a bit hypocritical as those people who are minimodding are just group spamming.

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
People minimodding could be classed as group spam if anything. If someone spams, then about 3-5 people will comment on it and say "Please do not spam", which could look a bit hypocritical as those people who are minimodding are just group spamming.
Group spam?.. Wouldn't group spam be something intentional? Multiple people asking others to not spam isn't intentional spam. Its just people who are annoyed with the situation/ people trying to help.

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
I noticed how you said there was spam in /a. You’re allowed to spam in /a for further references

As for the main point in the matter, as a normal member I always wanted to minimod, however as a staff member it would get frustrating if all my job included was siting there watching for rule breakers. I also feel like people take staff team for seriously since they do have the tag, however this isn’t always the case
it was the same message posted back to back every 10 seconds, and it went on for easily a minute and a half. How is that allowed?

Gooberr

Server Moderator
Reactions
513 7 0
Advertisement chat is the one exception to the no spam rule. In order for your advertisement to be noticed you usually have to repeat it multiple times. If spamming was not allowed in /a that could become a problem because no one would see build advertisements. Players are allowed to advertise their plots in /a as many times as they’d like. There’s a message cooldown which keeps chat from getting too crazy. If the spam bothers you, you can always disable /a by using /chat

Also, try not to double post. You can use the edit button instead

Xxpiggygirl77xX

Chat Moderator
Reactions
285 9 2
The main reason of minimodding being discouraged to to stop spam, and to actually give cf staff a job. A player can help with commands but things that are minimoding is telling people to switch chats, I see the point is why minimodding is discouraged and if someone is spamming you can ./ignore or just turn off the chat.

Last edited:

Blokcyy

Reactions
722 49 0
By reasons stating above my my fellow players, that is why minimodding isn’t allowed, but Sometimes it is hard for people to tell the difference between help and mini modding, so let me break it down for ya:

Minimodding: telling someone to stop breaking the rules, example, when people advertise in /g staff tell them to advertise in /a. Players are not allowed to tell other players to advertise in /a. Like saying “don’t spam” spamming and advertising in /g are against the rules so that is considered minimodding.

Helping: If a player asks for example,
How to I get a plot?
Players are allowed to answer by saying
Type /plot auto.
Etc you get what I mean
Have a nice day, and hope this helped!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions
54 0 0
I see where you're coming from. However, it does create a ton of unnecessary spam. I did notice you arguing with the staff member a bit afterwards which was a bit immature of you. There are rules for a reason and they are there to be followed, even if that means a player was to spam.

brighhton

Chat Moderator
Reactions
465 6 1
Minimodding was actually encouraged as a way to prove that you would be a good chatmod quite a while ago, though as the server got more popular it became more spammy than anything. Though I do realise how annoying it can be when players are speaking in the wrong chat channel. If that happens for a little while you could politely /msg them to go to the right channel, instead of blurting it out in global chat.

vlodge

Reactions
271 5 0
Voting no, because in my opinion as said it could create a ton of spam. Mini-modding is basically doing what a mod is supposed to do, and if you want to tell people if you get annoyed you can always apply for cm. I see how it must be annoying but honestly the mod would probably warn them about it if they see it again.

Lovecloud

Reactions
0 0 0
Voting no, because in my opinion as said it could create a ton of spam. Mini-modding is basically doing what a mod is supposed to do, and if you want to tell people if you get annoyed you can always apply for cm. I see how it must be annoying but honestly the mod would probably warn them about it if they see it again.
Honestly, i am so done with this server. Its too big and there is way to many unnecessary rules, including this one. I would have more fun and freedom going to legit any other server. Applying to be a chat mod is unnecessary, im done trying to make it a better place. Waste of donation money I could of and should of given to a better server.

Reactions
54 0 0
Honestly, i am so done with this server. Its too big and there is way to many unnecessary rules, including this one. I would have more fun and freedom going to legit any other server. Applying to be a chat mod is unnecessary, im done trying to make it a better place. Waste of donation money I could of and should of given to a better server.
Sorry you feel that way. Creative Fun has certain rules put in place to keep it a safe, toxic-free server, not to mention, they cater to children as well.

vlodge

Reactions
271 5 0
We just don't want the chat to be spammed etc.
I just don't think we should mini mod & it was taken away for a reason, sorry.