Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Plot Minigames Concept

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a post to see what the community thinks about my new concept for the server. As of right now my artistic vision for the server feels greatly limited, a lot of our server updates have been roleplay related or build related but I feel like I'm working within a small box. I have personally never been fond of minigames because of how repetitive and mundane they are but I know that there is a large portion of the minecraft community that enjoy minigames. With that being said I would like to propose my own unique concept for minigames on the server and gather feedback from the community on whether I should pursue this idea.

Plot Minigames Concept
So what do I mean by plot minigames? Essentially my idea is to allow players to use their own plots with their own builds to host various minigames on. If you wanted to host team deathmatch or capture the flag on a mansion you've built for example you would be able to run some commands to set up the spawn points, flag destination and allowed build area. You would be able to save and load your minigame setup so there's no need to worry about setting spawn locations every time you wanted to host the minigame. There would of course be a guide on the forums about how to set up the minigame with different parameters.

Each plot could keep track of the top 10 players with the most wins and a clan system could also be introduced to see which clan can rack up the most wins during a given month. A rating system could also be introduced where players can rate another user's map. There's a lot of room for creativity with this idea and I'm sure some players are going to come up with some elaborate or chaotic builds that will make certain minigames hectic fun. The details on how advertising a minigame would work have yet to be determined but most likely there will be a GUI and separate chat channel where players would be able to advertise their plot minigame.

Initially one minigame would be released and once that minigame has been perfected we would do a community poll on the next minigame that should be added. I'm curious to see what the community thinks about this idea so feel free to comment below on whether this is something you'd like to see on the server :)

FrodoFTW

Absolutely, this could work!

I can just imagine CF Bedwars or Skywars, or Survival Games... I love this idea!

FrodoFTW

Hmm. This could give me some new ideas for the future..
uh oh

I think there could be more command freedom for players with this, and people could form minigames into their own thing with their own unique concepts besides maps and all that, which'd be really cool

Last edited:

ForeverFool

I cannot see any cons to such an addition, at least not any that could outweigh the pros.

This is a great idea that could stir up some more interesting options on CF. I know I have seen attempts at minigames in advertising chat from time to time, and providing a platform for more activities can't really go wrong. Alas, I hope you consider doing concept requests for new minigames that have never existed in minecraft before. Many people in this community are quite creative and I think it could spice things up further by having some CreativeFun-exclusive games, if you give a chance for the CF playerbase to invent some.

maurie

Server Moderator
Honestly, I feel like an update like this would really help the server gain some more players. It could draw in attention from people throughout the entire Minecraft community, and not just roleplayers. It would give a lot more purpose to some of my builds and would probably give people some commitment to the server.

Having said that, I also think that if the server were to develop a minigame aspect, it would draw in a lot of hackers as well as people who don't want to follow the rules. Another issue I see is probably unlikely, but having minigames could draw part of the community away as people may start to become competitive, and that could be harmful. That's the worst-case scenario, but there are more good things than bad.

I think it's a great idea, and even if there are a few issues, it could help CF gain more popularity again! :)

Daazo

This concept could have a lot of potential when done correctly. I think it will add a lot of diversity into CF and more creative possibilities as well. I'm looking forward to this! Having something different always adds to the fun, I think. :)

FrodoFTW

Honestly, I feel like an update like this would really help the server gain some more players. It could draw in attention from people throughout the entire Minecraft community, and not just roleplayers. It would give a lot more purpose to some of my builds and would probably give people some commitment to the server.

Having said that, I also think that if the server were to develop a minigame aspect, it would draw in a lot of hackers as well as people who don't want to follow the rules. Another issue I see is probably unlikely, but having minigames could draw part of the community away as people may start to become competitive, and that could be harmful. That's the worst-case scenario, but there are more good things than bad.

I think it's a great idea, and even if there are a few issues, it could help CF gain more popularity again! :)
As maurie has said, I think it could bring a lot more people to the playerbase as well!

I can just see the possible creativity coming from this; I think the server is really starting to pick up the pace.
And I love that Monis is trying to get input from the community on this, that is really great!

pipepok123

I think this would be a great idea, not only it gives diversity on the things people can do in their plots but also it could catch the attention of the monogamy side of the MC community, adding more variety to the kind of people that play on the server, I can see some scenarios where hacking is a thing as so is on every other minigame mc server, and I imagine the staff team and plugins will be able to deal with that, aside from that I don't see anything bad with this idea, I would really like to see it one day
(Btw English is not my main language so idk if this sounds awkward or not lol, anyways, I hope this helped in some way)