Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Plot Minigames Concept

Bobble68

Maybe you could add features that would be useful in both minigames AND roleplays, if they're flexible enough.

For instance, a scoring system, with a little adapting, could also be used to make some kind of economy or life system.
You could even go a more traditional roleplaying route, and have randomised events generated, like you would see in DnD.

These wouldn't be useful in all contexts, but I think it would help.

But yeah, I like the ideas you already suggested, although I am undecided on the plot rating system, as you might accidentally encourage unhealthy competition between minigame creators.

Pressure plates that automatically assign roles, without staff having to approve; useful for team assignment.
A way to put people in survival, but not able to die; useful for minigames where combat isn't allowed, but neither is flight.
A way to force players into a specific time of day; useful for a fairer hide and seek, as well as not needing people to announce times of day.
A way to hide people's nametags, and disable /near; useful for hide and seek.
A way to replace your nametag with your roleplay name; useful for games where anonymity is important.
A way to hide your role but not your username.

plutoforever

Well hey, I like the idea of creative fun mini games. All of these additions to the server are really impressive, honestly other than minigames or the chat filter the only updates I want to see at the moment would be rank related (more cosmetics and features for donors, the current features seem to be a little lacking atm)

Inhf

Expert
Well hey, I like the idea of creative fun mini games. All of these additions to the server are really impressive, honestly other than minigames or the chat filter the only updates I want to see at the moment would be rank related (more cosmetics and features for donors, the current features seem to be a little lacking atm)
I like the idea of more rank related features, but what would you suggest? I don't really know what can be added that suits the server and is really fun to use

plutoforever

I like the idea of more rank related features, but what would you suggest? I don't really know what can be added that suits the server and is really fun to use
I'm so glad you asked! The server is known for it's creative nature and colorful perks, I propose a few things actually. There could be an addition of subtle particle effects, (subtle because those crazy screaming ones are a bit overkill) or some form of particle trails when you're flying which seems more like this server. Another thing they could add would be nicknames, or further customization of your existing name. (like custom prefixes but you'd filter out the ones that break server rules like impersonation, slurs, etc) I feel like these changes would breathe more life into ranked players.

Inhf

Expert
I'm so glad you asked! The server is known for it's creative nature and colorful perks, I propose a few things actually. There could be an addition of subtle particle effects, (subtle because those crazy screaming ones are a bit overkill) or some form of particle trails when you're flying which seems more like this server. Another thing they could add would be nicknames, or further customization of your existing name. (like custom prefixes but you'd filter out the ones that break server rules like impersonation, slurs, etc) I feel like these changes would breathe more life into ranked players.
Ahhh I like those ideas, though I think that nicknames wouldn't be added on the server

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
If you would like to see these things implemented, I suggest making a thread about them over in the Server Suggestions Forum!
However, like Inhf said, nicknames indeed will not be added to the server, as shown in the Commonly Suggested Items Thread.

Inhf

Expert
I think this idea will be beneficial to help with increasing the servers playerbase
I agree, a lot of the big Minecraft servers out there are minigame servers, so players probably enjoy minigames. If you add the creativity in, it will probably catch on pretty quickly (I hope at least)

Inhf

Expert
Then again, as valid as your point is CreativeFun will need to implement “unique” features aswell, copying off of other servers is not the way unfortunately. For example, if CreativeFun adds survival, why not play a pure survival server? The owner(s) or management team would need to consider how they would attract a good and big enough target audience if that makes sense. :)

Edit, just realised you pretty much said that oops haha.
I mean yeah fair, but I think just adding minigames will already work wonders

FrodoFTW

Then again, as valid as your point is CreativeFun will need to implement “unique” features aswell, copying off of other servers is not the way unfortunately. For example, if CreativeFun adds survival, why not play a pure survival server? The owner(s) or management team would need to consider how they would attract a good and big enough target audience if that makes sense. :)

Edit, just realised you pretty much said that oops haha.
I mean, the point is that players get to create their own minigames, which is already unique

FrodoFTW

I didn’t mean players creating minigames, I meant the owners creating one themselves like a brand new server within the CreativeFun network. Hopefully that makes more sense! :p
Was talking about the "creativefun will ned to implement 'unique' features as well" part lol but thanks

veryvance

Chat Moderator
this could be really good! i think giving people the opportunity to make their own minigames could be really fun.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback!

I have started some basic work on this project and hope to have something that players can actually test in the upcoming weeks. To clarify the first plot minigame will be team deathmatch and we will actively be looking for constructive criticism on what should be added and what should be removed once it is ready to be tested by players :)

NightWishWolfe

Hello there, Sir SuperMonis
You hereby catch my attention once again with your radical ideas and creative aspects.
I truly look forward for this to become a reality on CreativeFun®.

I have some suggestions and ideas for you that I hope you may consider in adding for Plot Minigames:
( The following are suggestions for and exclusive to Plot Minigames ONLY, not Roleplays and/or Building )

ARTILLERY WEAPONS: Artillery within Plot Minigames such as Bows & Arrows (If the owner allows it when creating the minigame, maybe have the ability to pick up arrows), Crossbows, Snowballs, Eggs, Firework-Crossbows (a potential grenade launcher), and other such things would open doors to whole different aspects in combat and allow players to keep their distance from more experienced PvP players. [ Arrows despawn in 15-30 Seconds ]

POTIONS: this would add a fun aspect for Power-Ups and Healing Stations that appear over the map when the owner allows it to spawn (a beacon showing where the item is would be cool, along with a simple firework going off when it's collected).

LIMITED-LASTING ITEMS: these would be fun to add in Plot-Minigames, where players can find and use special powerful armor and/or weapons once they spawn, the item however only lasts for a few minutes (or however how long that the owner wishes it to last) or until the player dies, almost like a power-up).

FIRE & LAVA: adding these two aspects exclusively for Plot Minigames would be most appreciated to add more deadly obstacles (including Soul Fire).

HEALTH REGENERATION ZONES: during battles, you're sure to get banged up quite a bit. Health Regeneration Zones could be something to add that can be activated after its cooldown (cooldown-time decided by the owner) or by completing an "objective/goal" within the match. These zones could either be in the player spawn or sprawled over the map, depends on the builder's choice.

SPAWN PROTECTION: it is important when approaching the Minigame genre to consider adding protection features in team's spawns from potential "Spawn-Killers", especially during Team Deathmatch, the dominate team will always be attempting to push forward and restrict the other team's movements any way they can. This usually results in having one or more spawn-killers within your team's base, slaughtering players when they respawn. Adding Territory-Protection codes would be helpful for builders that are going for a realistic build rather then having a drop at the spawn to keep it isolated from the other team.

KITS: having Kits to choose from with different attributes would be fun, by simply clicking a sign or typing in a kit code.

TEAM COLORS: regardless of being a donor or not, when choosing a team it is essential to be able to tell from enemy or foe. I suggest having name colors change from red or blue (other teams: yellow, green, pink, white, black, etc.) in Bold.

FRIENDLY FIRE: having an option for the Plot-Owner to toggle Friendly Fire on or off would be helpful to stop trollers or accidental hits to occur.

Potential Other Plot Minigame "Modes"
Mob/Dungeon Raid
(This Minigame Mode will involve Minecraft Mobs) A mode where a team of 2-5 players work together and work their way through a monster infested game which can involve puzzles, keys, riddles, and weapon upgrades. Players can buy power-ups, upgrades, and weapons from hidden Interactive NPCs throughout the game. This mode could also include a Special Ability feature where depending on what character the player chooses, they could heal your squad, electrocute nearby mobs, buff their weapon's damage/stats, or go on a potion-throwing frenzy and damage the enemies in the room. This would take a lot of time to put together but I believe this Plot Minigame would hold a lot of potential and would be fun for creative builders/designers.

King of the Hill
Two teams of 6-15 players rush at the hill at once in attempts to take and hold it first. The last team standing over the hill must hold off an endless incoming enemy whom wield endless respawns. The player who rack up the most points in holding the position the longest wins.

Plot Royale (Battle Royale)
Although plots can be looked at as small, the builder can easily make it feel large and interactive. With resettable chests holding randomized gear with standard or special stats and special top-grade items spawning in "drops" with announced location, up to 30 players run around in a fights for being the last one standing in an ever-so-slowly shrinking map. (Modes like Duos, Triples, or Squad could be added for players who wish to be apart of a team. In these modes, players can be "downed" and will be able to become revived by teammates.)

Zombies VS Survivors
(This Minigame Mode will involve Minecraft Mobs) Stuck with your surviving team of 3-5 players, the squad of survivors must make their way through the Plot-Owner's maze of desolated sections of land with hidden weapons, armor, and upgrades. Surviving through waves designed by the Plot Minigame Creator, the squad collects resources to attempt in reaching the Escape Zone where they will set off a flare/signal/message and must survive long enough against the hordes for their get-away to reach them. And hopefully in time! (Players can be "downed" and will be able to become revived by teammates.)

Control Points
Popular in most FPS games these days, "Control Points" usually revolves around a large map with 3-5 locations that teams must control in order to earn points to win. Power-Ups and Challenges/Objectives may spice up the game in this mode to rack up extra points for your team.

Capture the Flag
A classic mode that can be fun or very frustrating. Two Teams of 5-15 have the same goal, steal the others flag! Each flag capture scores a point for your team. With unlimited respawns, the battle field can become quite chaotic while others try to slip by enemy lines to steal the flag, only to be confronted by the flag's protectors, dang it.

That's all I've got for you at this time, I wish you luck in the beta-testing phase and hope that these suggestions inspire you in the endless possibilities that you have begun.

-N.W

FrodoFTW

Hello there, Sir SuperMonis
You hereby catch my attention once again with your radical ideas and creative aspects.
I truly look forward for this to become a reality on CreativeFun®.

I have some suggestions and ideas for you that I hope you may consider in adding for Plot Minigames:
( The following are suggestions for and exclusive to Plot Minigames ONLY, not Roleplays and/or Building )

ARTILLERY WEAPONS: Artillery within Plot Minigames such as Bows & Arrows (If the owner allows it when creating the minigame, maybe have the ability to pick up arrows), Crossbows, Snowballs, Eggs, Firework-Crossbows (a potential grenade launcher), and other such things would open doors to whole different aspects in combat and allow players to keep their distance from more experienced PvP players. [ Arrows despawn in 15-30 Seconds ]

POTIONS: this would add a fun aspect for Power-Ups and Healing Stations that appear over the map when the owner allows it to spawn (a beacon showing where the item is would be cool, along with a simple firework going off when it's collected).

LIMITED-LASTING ITEMS: these would be fun to add in Plot-Minigames, where players can find and use special powerful armor and/or weapons once they spawn, the item however only lasts for a few minutes (or however how long that the owner wishes it to last) or until the player dies, almost like a power-up).

FIRE & LAVA: adding these two aspects exclusively for Plot Minigames would be most appreciated to add more deadly obstacles (including Soul Fire).

HEALTH REGENERATION ZONES: during battles, you're sure to get banged up quite a bit. Health Regeneration Zones could be something to add that can be activated after its cooldown (cooldown-time decided by the owner) or by completing an "objective/goal" within the match. These zones could either be in the player spawn or sprawled over the map, depends on the builder's choice.

SPAWN PROTECTION: it is important when approaching the Minigame genre to consider adding protection features in team's spawns from potential "Spawn-Killers", especially during Team Deathmatch, the dominate team will always be attempting to push forward and restrict the other team's movements any way they can. This usually results in having one or more spawn-killers within your team's base, slaughtering players when they respawn. Adding Territory-Protection codes would be helpful for builders that are going for a realistic build rather then having a drop at the spawn to keep it isolated from the other team.

KITS: having Kits to choose from with different attributes would be fun, by simply clicking a sign or typing in a kit code.

TEAM COLORS: regardless of being a donor or not, when choosing a team it is essential to be able to tell from enemy or foe. I suggest having name colors change from red or blue (other teams: yellow, green, pink, white, black, etc.) in Bold.

FRIENDLY FIRE: having an option for the Plot-Owner to toggle Friendly Fire on or off would be helpful to stop trollers or accidental hits to occur.

Potential Other Plot Minigame "Modes"
Mob/Dungeon Raid
(This Minigame Mode will involve Minecraft Mobs) A mode where a team of 2-5 players work together and work their way through a monster infested game which can involve puzzles, keys, riddles, and weapon upgrades. Players can buy power-ups, upgrades, and weapons from hidden Interactive NPCs throughout the game. This mode could also include a Special Ability feature where depending on what character the player chooses, they could heal your squad, electrocute nearby mobs, buff their weapon's damage/stats, or go on a potion-throwing frenzy and damage the enemies in the room. This would take a lot of time to put together but I believe this Plot Minigame would hold a lot of potential and would be fun for creative builders/designers.

King of the Hill
Two teams of 6-15 players rush at the hill at once in attempts to take and hold it first. The last team standing over the hill must hold off an endless incoming enemy whom wield endless respawns. The player who rack up the most points in holding the position the longest wins.

Plot Royale (Battle Royale)
Although plots can be looked at as small, the builder can easily make it feel large and interactive. With resettable chests holding randomized gear with standard or special stats and special top-grade items spawning in "drops" with announced location, up to 30 players run around in a fights for being the last one standing in an ever-so-slowly shrinking map. (Modes like Duos, Triples, or Squad could be added for players who wish to be apart of a team. In these modes, players can be "downed" and will be able to become revived by teammates.)

Zombies VS Survivors
(This Minigame Mode will involve Minecraft Mobs) Stuck with your surviving team of 3-5 players, the squad of survivors must make their way through the Plot-Owner's maze of desolated sections of land with hidden weapons, armor, and upgrades. Surviving through waves designed by the Plot Minigame Creator, the squad collects resources to attempt in reaching the Escape Zone where they will set off a flare/signal/message and must survive long enough against the hordes for their get-away to reach them. And hopefully in time! (Players can be "downed" and will be able to become revived by teammates.)

Control Points
Popular in most FPS games these days, "Control Points" usually revolves around a large map with 3-5 locations that teams must control in order to earn points to win. Power-Ups and Challenges/Objectives may spice up the game in this mode to rack up extra points for your team.

Capture the Flag
A classic mode that can be fun or very frustrating. Two Teams of 5-15 have the same goal, steal the others flag! Each flag capture scores a point for your team. With unlimited respawns, the battle field can become quite chaotic while others try to slip by enemy lines to steal the flag, only to be confronted by the flag's protectors, dang it.

That's all I've got for you at this time, I wish you luck in the beta-testing phase and hope that these suggestions inspire you in the endless possibilities that you have begun.

-N.W
I agree with what NightWish has said, and I also have some suggestions, which I've already posted, that I think would be useful. I'll link them here. These aren't necessarily for the minigames update only, and I think they'd be useful for roleplay and other things too, but they'd go nicely with it!

(I've been advertising that suggestion for weeks, I've kinda been obsessing over it lol)