Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Plot Minigames Concept

Cr0ssley

This could be a real game changer, While I'm still quite new to the server RP-ing is the really the only point of interest. Having something like this would be amazing. I believe giving players more freedom in controlling their plot would be amazing, Now this can be used for lagging of course, but everything can if you work hard enough. Starting off slow is a good idea, however I hope to see in the future more abilities be given to players, Such as kits, Time (and weather) control, barrier-less borders, as well as player based actions, Such as punching another player triggering a role change and in-plot teleport to a waypoint (Or other point).

This way it applies the same as World Edit, Where there are "Stages" of complexity. Those who lean into the minigame system will grow more and more skilled and in turn produce more and more complex games using more and more powerful commands/tools. Now it doesn't need to be coding an entire game level of complex, but more akin to /p action <action type> <interaction target> <changes> Example: /p action punch hit role <role> tp <waypoint/x y z> When this action sees that a player has punched another player with an open hand (Nothing being held) it will set the hit player's role to <role> and teleport them to <waypoint/x y z>

As complex as that is, It would provide and ton of power to the owner (And staff) of the plot to create some REALLY powerful and unique games and can even effect roleplays by more easily providing immersion in the story being told.

xPLAYn

This is a great idea that I've discussed before, but I feel that the implementation is something I'm not a fan of.

I personally feel that locking the minigames things into "this specific minigame concept" is a mistake. Minecraft is a sandbox game, and it's a wonder that to this day servers are all still offering closely-curated experienced with little to no sandbox elements that let the users define the experience. Creating very locked-down tools that can really only be used for very specific things makes using them in creative ways very difficult.

In my opinion, the next step for a MC server is a truly sandbox experience. Instead of a set type and defined experience for minigames, instead provide the CF makers with flexible tools (such as the role sign system) that let users use them in varying ways. Create mechanics, not set-in-stone gameplay elements.

Even with just the role signs, there is still a lot that can be done creatively. If these minigames tools would be implemented in such manners to allow for that kind of flexibility, then I feel that CF could be the place not just for minigames everyone already knows, but also for new minigame concepts.

FrodoFTW

This is a great idea that I've discussed before, but I feel that the implementation is something I'm not a fan of.

I personally feel that locking the minigames things into "this specific minigame concept" is a mistake. Minecraft is a sandbox game, and it's a wonder that to this day servers are all still offering closely-curated experienced with little to no sandbox elements that let the users define the experience. Creating very locked-down tools that can really only be used for very specific things makes using them in creative ways very difficult.

In my opinion, the next step for a MC server is a truly sandbox experience. Instead of a set type and defined experience for minigames, instead provide the CF makers with flexible tools (such as the role sign system) that let users use them in varying ways. Create mechanics, not set-in-stone gameplay elements.

Even with just the role signs, there is still a lot that can be done creatively. If these minigames tools would be implemented in such manners to allow for that kind of flexibility, then I feel that CF could be the place not just for minigames everyone already knows, but also for new minigame concepts.
I agree, but I think Monis should add some basic set-in-stone game modes like team deathmatch for people who don't know how to start, and then also allow lots of customization and provide a sandbox environment for those who really want to make their own games. With the right tools, people could make their own mechanics from scratch for their games specifically. It'd be awesome if people could create their own custom items for their games within CF, and even create things like functional vehicles and guns for a battle royale game or make automatic events within a long-running kind of game, or even create their own RPGs with unique mechanics that work together with good world-building to truly make something unique.

TL;DR I agree but also think some basic gamemodes should be added for beginners alongside a sandbox environment