Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Plot Minigames Progress Update

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since the initial post about plot minigames so I wanted to update the community on what our current progress is and give more information on what our roadmap is. The first section of this plot will explain what has currently been developed and the second section of this post will explain what has yet to be developed. The last section of this post will explain the parameters that we plan on allowing players to configure after the core features of plot minigames are added. To be clear, we will be gauging feedback from players on both the discord and the server to see what should be added, changed or removed. Again, please note that none of this is currently ready on the live server, this post is mainly to prepare users on how the setup procedure for minigames will work and what is currently missing.

Creating a minigame arena name
Firstly, you'll want to create a name for your minigame arena. You'll be using this name to activate, start and advertise your minigame to other players. In this example I'll be creating a minigame arena called "Castlemania" with /minigame create Castlemania.

Setting up your minigame arena

You won't be able to activate or start your minigame until you have setup the required parameters. You have to setup a lobby, redspawn, bluespawn and exit. You can use /minigame setup to view the required parameters.

Minigame setup example
In this example I will be setting up the required parameters for my minigame arena. Firstly I'll be setting the lobby spawn point by going to the lobby area I've made on my arena and will then use /minigame setup Castlemania lobby. When players join your minigame they will be sent to the lobby.

Now that the lobby spawn point has been created we need to create the spawn point for the red team. Stand in the area and on the block that you want the red team to spawn on and use /minigame setup Castlemania redspawn. When the minigame starts the red team will be sent here and will also respawn here.

We need to create the spawn point for the blue team so stand in the area and on the block that you want the blue team to spawn on and use /minigame setup Castlemania bluespawn.

Finally we need to set the exit location for when the minigame ends, this is where players will be sent to after the game has ended so I'll be using /minigame setup Castlemania exit.

Activating your minigame

Now that you have setup your minigame arena you will need to activate it so I'll be using /minigame active Castlemania. You need to activate your minigame so that you can begin advertising your minigame in the advertising channel, players can only join a minigame if it is activated.

Joining a minigame
Once the minigame has been activated players will be able to use /join Castlemania to join the minigame and will be sent to the lobby. To choose the team you want to join you can click on the text in chat

When players select a team it will be announced in chat.

Starting a minigame
When 2 minutes have passed since activating your minigame the minigame will automatically start, to start the game sooner you can use /minigame start [arena]. A 10 second countdown on screen will begin before the game starts. If there is an unfair number of players on a particular team the server will automatically balance the teams. In this example I will be playing a minigame with a friend.

During the minigame
At the start of the game players will be teleported to their respective team spawn point, by default players will start with an iron sword, a bow and 10 arrows (The default kit may be changed before plot minigames are live on the server). You'll also be able to view the time remaining in the action bar above your health. The team with the most amount of kills in total will win the game.

Spawn protection will prevent you from attacking the enemy team within a 5 block radius of their spawn

Bow's are enabled when you are in a minigame

Since I'm on the red team my nametag will also be red

Player death messages are announced on the plot

During a minigame you will not be able to view or send messages in any chat channel except for local chat.

End of the minigame
At the end of the minigame players will be teleported to the arena exit location and a message in chat will be sent announcing the team that has won the game and what their score was. (The message is very plain right now but will include all users in the team that won including on screen text).

Missing features
There is currently no way to spectate a minigame
Advertising a minigame in chat is very basic at the moment and smart integration of player count is still in development
Smart tab completion does not exist yet, ideally /join should display all active minigames
A minigame scoreboard is missing but will contain team score and other important information
Minigame arena leaderboards to track the top 10 players with the most wins in a specific arena
Being able to place or break blocks is currently not possible during a minigame, this still needs careful testing
Can't view the health of other players during combat

Planned features
Optional parameters that allow you to change the default rules of your minigame will allow you to make your minigame unique compared to others:

Being able to assign your own default kit using a command
Being able to customize the duration of a game using a command
Being able to customize the maximum amount of players that can join your minigame arena using a command
Being able to set a specific exit for the winning team of a minigame, useful for placing the winning team on a podium for example

I hope that this post has been insightful on our current progress and what we still need to work on before this is ready for the live server.