Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Suggestion /pweather (weather)

JustSimplyCloud

If anyone remembers I made a suggestion for this way back, but I’m going to try this again and see if my idea will work now, and want to gather new opinions on the matter.

I propose we have a command to change the weather for a specific person.

Like the /ptime command, at will you can change the weather to whatever you want. Clear will be the default, and the weather won’t switch without your command.

Let’s go over some Pros and Cons shall we?
Pros:
-Builds can set a mood with weather
-Roleplay situations can become more dramatic with weather
-Like /ptime, it’s just a handy tool to have.

Cons:
-Hard to code.
-Weather is annoying to some people, and they won’t se use in this feature.

Now the big argument I got against this last time was lag. But here’s a what I say to that! If it makes you lag, don’t use the command!

Okay, now what do you guys think, and I’ll try to add Pros and Cons based on what you guys said.

''If it lags don't use it''
That's not the issue here, it's the server-wide usage of it that lags the server itself, rather than the specific player.

Jeessica

Server Moderator
As Mikcey mentioned above, I believe this is already being worked on. As shown below, in /hub there is a board with the server updates that everyone can read. It says that plot settings are being worked on, and I am going to assume plot weather will be included within this feature since it has been suggested multiple times by different people.

2019-02-12_21.03.52.png

JustSimplyCloud

''If it lags don't use it''
That's not the issue here, it's the server-wide usage of it that lags the server itself, rather than the specific player.
Oh I didn’t know about that! Well shoot, and as stated above, it’s probably coming anyways... so I guess they found a workaround.

ly4

Cons:
-Hard to code.
-Weather is annoying to some people, and they won’t se use in this feature.
Nah, easy to code. Essentials already did it before, it works like the /ptime command, but with weather, it's just a variable difference in the code and maybe tweak some things; it's really not that hard.

But yeah, good idea, voting yes.

alwoha

If /plot settings includes that then yeah it's already being made. However if it's not I'm holding my vote.
  • It would be helpful in role plays, make them more effective.
  • It's been suggested many times and I would think many users want it.
  • Would be good in build contests, say the theme is winter right, you could make your plot snow.
  • As stated above, it's not always about the players individual lag because they do /pweather. The lag could be caused server/cf server wide.