Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Roleplay attendance problemsss

Palatine

Does anyone have any tips on how to get more people to join a roleplay? I hosted mine a while ago and I remember vividly that literally nobody showed up. Well, they showed up and then left but that’s not the point, the point is that nobody stayed. I was advertising and having other people advertise as well. Is it because my rp is boring? :(

SPOOKYplayerRK

Chat Moderator
In my opinion, it’s about how you present it. Hosting when CF is most active will usually grab you a few players, but also hosting at note abnormal times (when players are searching for any rp) can also grab you attention. Something you should avoid would be hosting while a rival rp is doing the same. As you said, you’re a Fantasy rp, so I would recommend not hosting when other fantasy rps are being hosted- competition is better made when the rps become more we’ll-known.
Then comes the advertisement itself. Some people like to be straightforward, some people like to add symbols, and others like to introduce a story. Here’s a few examples:
• /home [Fantasy] for a fantasy rp
• <!> Interested in role playing your heart out? Then do [/home (Fantasy)] for a fantastic Fantasy Rp! <!>
• “You feel the energy of the town flowing throughout the lands, an adventure is in store..” [/home (Fantasy)]

I’d recommend doing a mix of those, without making your advertisement too long and too short (it’s confusing but there’s a grey line in between don’t worry).
If it doesn’t work the first time, continue experimenting with your advertisements, and perhaps your rp. Fine-tuning your rp to cater to the role players’ will ensure more support and ultimately more attention. Best of luck to you!

Palatine

In my opinion, it’s about how you present it. Hosting when CF is most active will usually grab you a few players, but also hosting at note abnormal times (when players are searching for any rp) can also grab you attention. Something you should avoid would be hosting while a rival rp is doing the same. As you said, you’re a Fantasy rp, so I would recommend not hosting when other fantasy rps are being hosted- competition is better made when the rps become more we’ll-known.
Then comes the advertisement itself. Some people like to be straightforward, some people like to add symbols, and others like to introduce a story. Here’s a few examples:
• /home [Fantasy] for a fantasy rp
• <!> Interested in role playing your heart out? Then do [/home (Fantasy)] for a fantastic Fantasy Rp! <!>
• “You feel the energy of the town flowing throughout the lands, an adventure is in store..” [/home (Fantasy)]

I’d recommend doing a mix of those, without making your advertisement too long and too short (it’s confusing but there’s a grey line in between don’t worry).
If it doesn’t work the first time, continue experimenting with your advertisements, and perhaps your rp. Fine-tuning your rp to cater to the role players’ will ensure more support and ultimately more attention. Best of luck to you!
Thank you! This was really helpful