Menu

Join our Discord 0 MEMBERS ONLINE
play.creativefun.net 0 PLAYING NOW

Server Progress - 21/08/2020

Hi everyone,

A lot of progress has been made towards the 1.16 update and I'd like to share the current progress that has been made along with what has yet to be finished. I would like to thank you all for being patient with us so far. Please make sure to read the entire thread as it will give some detailed information on what is working and what is not working. For more regular updates I would advise people to join the discord with: https://discord.com/invite/WxyCR49 and view the #changelog channel.

WorldEdit Implemented Commands
As of now this is the list of WorldEdit commands that will work on 1.16:
  • //set
  • //copy
  • //paste
  • //cut
  • //rotate
  • //flip
  • //walls
  • //faces
  • //replace
  • //undo
  • //redo
  • //center
  • //pyramid
  • //cylinder
  • //sphere
  • //hsphere
  • //hpyramid
  • //hcylinder
  • //drain
  • //removeabove
  • //removebelow
  • //fixwater
  • //removenear
  • //snow
  • //thaw
  • //line
  • //hollow
  • //overlay
  • //smooth
WorldEdit Implemented Brushes
As of now this is the list of WorldEdit brushes that will work on 1.16:
  • //brush sphere
  • //brush cylinder
  • //brush smooth
  • //brush clipboard
Lighting
Calculating the correct lighting to apply on such large WorldEdit operations is too intense, especially with the chunk loading performance on 1.16 being significantly worse than 1.13. This is why every WorldEdit operation will set the skylight to 15, the benefits of this is that you won't need to worry about placing lights because your build is too dark however we acknowledge that some people would prefer to have the correct lighting for their builds which is why there will be a command to fix the lighting of chunk sections within your radius.

Unsupported Features
There are commands, brushes, masks and other WorldEdit related features that are not yet implemented:

Commands
//fill, //move, //curve, /repl

Brushes
/brush gravity, /brush height, /brush line, /brush recursive and /brush rock

Optional arguments
Currently we only support required arguments and not optional arguments. An example of a command using an optional argument is //paste -a or //undo 5. We plan to add support for optional arguments but it has been left for last since other things are more of a priority such as implementing more commands and fixing bugs. Some optional arguments have been implemented for commands like //rotate and //flip.

Rotations
At the moment the rotate command will apply the correct logic for blocks such as stairs which use the facing direction however rotating logs for example which make use of the axis blockstate have yet to be implemented. This just means that doing a rotate on logs will cause them to be in the incorrect axis.

Finally...
A lot of common WorldEdit commands are currently supported, while there are still unsupported things remaining to be implemented I am curious to know what everyone's thoughts are about the current status of the WorldEdit plugin. Do you think that enough things have been implemented for us to just update the server and then continue development on the remaining stuff or would you prefer for certain features to be completed first before I update the server to 1.16. Let me know what you all think as this will ultimately determine when I should update the server.

Chboi

All this work and time and you can't put 2 and 2 together to realise that the chat filter needs fixing more than this.
Monis dude it's been months and you keep giving the exuse of "It's harder than you think" - You've got the time, the people and the resources yet you ignore every single suggestion on it.

What will it take for you to realise and fix it?

Zacharyphoenix

I certainly do think that the server should be updated a bit before its scheduled, I am positive that there are many people anticipating for the server to update, and doing so early should also help in the process, it will allow for feedback about bugs and broken things. So my opinion is for an early update!

FancyCoconut

Are the //tools command supported? And is there going to be a plot settings update because I'd really love a gamemode function on plots, but over all everything sounds good to go!

CirrusBerry

All this work and time and you can't put 2 and 2 together to realise that the chat filter needs fixing more than this.
Monis dude it's been months and you keep giving the exuse of "It's harder than you think" - You've got the time, the people and the resources yet you ignore every single suggestion on it.

im sure the team is working on that too, it is harder than you think

Pyc_

Im alright with the server updating with the current commands that works. I cant wait any longer to use the new blocks and useful features of the newer verisons.

xCeltics

I want the server to update even if we have to wait longer for more commands. I really want to build with the new blocks.

CartoonyMedic

In my position, I think 1.16 should just be dropped as is. A lot of people us W/E, but the fact that people really wanna use the 1.16 blocks. Take for example, the chains from 1.16. People want to use those for Castle Dungeons, or abandoned looking builds! We also really wanna us the 1.14 tables for decor, like the fletching table for an archer's house in fantasy builds. I also really wanna use the 1.15 bee stuff, because it looks so good in some areas! So, I think 1.16 should be dropped as is. W/E can be worked on as it goes, considering it's 91%.
As for filter,

Coding a plugin is super hard! Unless you can code, from scratch basically, a filter that blocks swear words, swear word variants, and swear word bypasses, as well as coding a list of white listed phrases, I don't think you have the right to "call" someone out for "excuses" of it being harder than you think. Because coding is a whole jargon that a lot of people don't realize is hard to understand.

Jeessica

Admin
Website Mod
Do you think that enough things have been implemented for us to just update the server and then continue development on the remaining stuff or would you prefer for certain features to be completed first before I update the server to 1.16. Let me know what you all think as this will ultimately determine when I should update the server.
I think the server is ready to update now.

A lot of people are waiting for it and I think people are wanting to use the new blocks that came with the 1.14, 1.15 and 1.16 updates. The Worldedit commands that you've said are working with the update are the standard commands which people use on the daily basis anyway. Personally I would want the //mask, //fill, //move and //undo (amount) commands out as soon as possible, but I know of other commands that are in the update, so I can work around not having the commands I listed temporarily.

Chboi

In my position, I think 1.16 should just be dropped as is. A lot of people us W/E, but the fact that people really wanna use the 1.16 blocks. Take for example, the chains from 1.16. People want to use those for Castle Dungeons, or abandoned looking builds! We also really wanna us the 1.14 tables for decor, like the fletching table for an archer's house in fantasy builds. I also really wanna use the 1.15 bee stuff, because it looks so good in some areas! So, I think 1.16 should be dropped as is. W/E can be worked on as it goes, considering it's 91%.
As for filter,

Coding a plugin is super hard! Unless you can code, from scratch basically, a filter that blocks swear words, swear word variants, and swear word bypasses, as well as coding a list of white listed phrases, I don't think you have the right to "call" someone out for "excuses" of it being harder than you think. Because coding is a whole jargon that a lot of people don't realize is hard to understand.
Nono. It's not that hard to the point it takes over a year to fix. They don't even have a developer I've heard. They pay developers.

It'll take some time but It won't take years.
They are ignoring the biggest issue.
I'm not new into servers. I'm staff on another server and I've talked to our developer, Fixing one certain plugin is a pain but it's not so hard it'll take a year.

Bobble68

I think it could be pushed out earlier, but I feel that //mask is also needed, and //fill and //undo would be nice as well, if not as important.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
Admin
Nono. It's not that hard to the point it takes over a year to fix. They don't even have a developer I've heard. They pay developers.

I'm not new into servers. I'm staff on another server and I've talked to our developer, Fixing one certain plugin is a pain but it's not so hard it'll take a year.
Please refer to this thread where Monis has already addressed the comments regarding the chatfilter : https://creativefun.net/threads/server-progress-14-06-2020.81013/

CartoonyMedic

I'm not new into servers. I'm staff on another server and I've talked to our developer, Fixing one certain plugin is a pain in the *** but it's not so hard it'll take a year.
They only announced filter revamp earlier this year (like march, I think?). It hasn't taken a year. Monis and the staff team have heard our complaints. The reason they haven't worked on it as much yet, is because when it was announced, 1.16 was the main focus. Regardless, all I'm saying is cut them some slack. They're really trying hard to please a fan base/community that's constantly asking for change in rules, and plugins, and versions, etc.,

Chboi

Please refer to this thread where Monis has already addressed the comments regarding the chatfilter : https://creativefun.net/threads/server-progress-14-06-2020.81013/
Ecoya I would really love to discuss the reasonings behind certain rules and steps being used to go forward.

Blocking phrases is good but it becomes an issue when it starts blocking things that have no reason to be blocked; It should be top priority on things to be fixed.
Sorry if It seems like a direct attack but in reality the filter issue has taken extremely long.

ooh_Gon

A lot of people have been eager, including me, for this server to finally get its update- whether it be to 1.14/15 or 1.16. It's disappointing that not even now, months after the said update times, will this update be completely finished.

It's not like most of us here understand the trouble with running a big server like this, but we also have our hopes and recommendations which I'm sure you're happy to answer.

Perhaps dropping 1.16 would be better right now, and pursuing it later while dealing with bigger changes is more futile, because a certain sum of people who are active on this server are not happy with some rules, and systems (etc, not getting into them). I'm happy as long as we get to 1.14, because past that will probably have glitches that will require more time and effort to fix, though others aren't eager to wait this long, so please take into consideration the majority of people.
Thanks Monis.

Ecoya

Staff Management
Staff Management
Admin
Ecoya I would really love to discuss the reasonings behind certain rules and steps being used to go forward.

Blocking phrases is good but it becomes an issue when it starts blocking things that have no reason to be blocked; It should be top priority on things to be fixed.
Sorry if It seems like a direct attack but in reality the filter issue has taken extremely long.
As far as I am aware, we have had different updates for the filter, trying to find out what works. Monis states there he will after this update, again work on the filter. :)

Chboi

As far as I am aware, we have had different updates for the filter, trying to find out what works. Monis states there he will after this update, again work on the filter. :)
Alright, thanks for the heads up.
My discord is; Chobi#7418 if your willing to give updates in the future and I can always give an outside prespective of marketing etc.

I'm also a Graphic Designer if help is needed.