Contest Writing Contest

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
Hi there- you probably have no idea who I am because I'm not very active, so:
I'm Dragon! Nice to meet you. :D

Thought it might be fun to host a little writing contest since the last one was back in July.

Prompt
It's just another ordinary day when you're suddenly tossed into the world of your favorite book. It will only last twenty-four hours and no one can know who you are or that you don't belong. If anyone finds out, it could jeopardize the main characters' quest and might even result in the bad guy winning. What do you do in the twenty-four hours and how does it effect the plot?

(If you want, you can also write your entry about a world from your favorite show, movie, or comic.)

Rules
- Don't copy/steal someone else's story.
- Your entry must be longer than 200 words. Feel free to make it as long as you want. In fact, the more you write, the more time you'll have to flesh out your characters and draw me into your story. Just a tip! :)
- Your story must be up by January 15th.

Prizes
Depending on how many people enter the contest, there will be a first, second, and third place winner.

3rd - Follow
2nd - Follow and sketch
1st - Follow, sketch, and more detailed digital art

Art can be of anything (within reason), but I'd prefer to draw a character portrait (ex: you, your oc, your mc skin). A sketch will look like my profile pic. The 1st place art prize will look more like this:
You can see more examples of my art here: https://alydabookworm.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

_VeryMature_

Oct 9, 2015
Neck deep in trash
I’m gonna enter, probably...Typing out a story on my phones gonna be hard but I’ll try lol

FuffleWorm

Dec 29, 2017
How exactly can we submit our stories? Would you like it as a reply, or perhaps a link to a site, or an email. I'd love to enter but I'm a bit confused on how.

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly can we submit our stories? Would you like it as a reply, or perhaps a link to a site, or an email. I'd love to enter but I'm a bit confused on how.
You could put a link to your story on another site or enter it here in a spoiler :)
Btw: If you link to another site, make sure you write "by FuffleWorm" somewhere.

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
5 days left- one entry so far!

Should I add an extra five days? :/

FuffleWorm

Dec 29, 2017
5 days left- one entry so far!

Should I add an extra five days? :/
Sure. But to be honest, I wouldn't worry about prizes and stuff like that. If people really need an incentive to write, then their writing probably isn't that good. Just ask around for more people to participate. It'd be neat if you did a competition once every other month and people would gradually notice it and see a pattern. I don't know, just making suggestions. If it's a one time thing, then that's too bad. I'm sure you'll grab some more attention the more social you become.

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. But to be honest, I wouldn't worry about prizes and stuff like that. If people really need an incentive to write, then their writing probably isn't that good. Just ask around for more people to participate. It'd be neat if you did a competition once every other month and people would gradually notice it and see a pattern. I don't know, just making suggestions. If it's a one time thing, then that's too bad. I'm sure you'll grab some more attention the more social you become.
Thanks for the advice, Fuffle.
I guess I added prizes partly as incentive to join, partly because I want to practice my art and do requests (but not have to drown in them by making an art request thread xD). For now, I'll keep at least a first place prize (depending on how many people actually post something), but I might do more of these contests in the future and see how it goes. c:

Dragongirl_14

Oct 27, 2017
To anyone who wants to enter the contest:
I'm going to add five more days and make the end of the contest January 15th.
(Also, if you know anyone who likes to write, let them know about this contest because so far there is only one entry. xD)

WitheredRose

Nov 23, 2017
Meme land
i wanna join, i just need to know how to make a spoiler

Kqwi

Admin
Website Mod
Jul 31, 2017
the Milky Way
i wanna join, i just need to know how to make a spoiler
You can see how to make a spoiler here: https://creative-fun.net/help/bb-codes

Thanks for the advice, Fuffle.
I guess I added prizes partly as incentive to join, partly because I want to practice my art and do requests (but not have to drown in them by making an art request thread xD). For now, I'll keep at least a first place prize (depending on how many people actually post something), but I might do more of these contests in the future and see how it goes. c:
To anyone who wants to enter the contest:
I'm going to add five more days and make the end of the contest January 15th.
(Also, if you know anyone who likes to write, let them know about this contest because so far there is only one entry. xD)
Please don't double post, use the Edit Button instead.